What ALWAYS makes you smile?

My grandkids showing up for a visit
My grandkids leaving after a visit
+1 - beat me to it. Luckily, I get those visits many times a week since they only live half a mile away.

The first bite of a perfect piece of tiramisu.
The first glimpse of the Pacific as we come down 101 from San Luis Obispo.

T2.jpg

Slap stick comedies
Breyer's vanilla (bean) ice cream
Experiencing simple things through the eyes of my son!

Many have mentioned puppies, and no argument. I said "dogs." We've had five not counting family dogs we grew up with and I'd rank our favorite dog life stages as
1) old age, they're so sweet and appreciative when they become less independent,
2) puppies, what's not to like (even housebreaking is a funny challenge),
3) adolescence, still love ALL dogs though...

Might that be Bobby McGee?

Ha

He wishes! He writes some good stuff, but when he sings pop country, ugh, we just laugh.

Oh, and Haha, DH is getting to see way more of the PNW than he dreamed...turns out the gov't has some kind of shutdown (who knew?) and that delayed our clearing at the port, now a week late. He's couchsurfing right near the big Ferris wheel, and he's gone out with the millennials a time or two but can't quite keep up the late night pace! Can't wait til I get to go out out in May!

That good looking retired couple strolling on the beach at sunset without a care in the world...... Then I wake up :D

Many have mentioned puppies, and no argument. I said "dogs." We've had five not counting family dogs we grew up with and I'd rank our favorite dog life stages as
1) old age, they're so sweet and appreciative when they become less independent,
2) puppies, what's not to like (even housebreaking is a funny challenge),
3) adolescence, still love ALL dogs though...

Yeah, a friendly dog (lots of tail waggin') always does it for me, too.

After climbing 4 miles at a 6% grade on a bicycle, cresting the mountain, and finding yourself with a 9.5 mile descent. What a reward for a big effort. I am still picking the bugs from my teeth.

Seeing a baby laugh is sure to make me smile.

My granddaughter, other little kids, young women, dancing.

Ha

+1, especially if you remove the comma after young women.

But my granddaughter makes me smile every time.

quote_img.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by redduck
cleavage

Like this?
Attached Images
attachment.php

Sarah, talk about a buzz kill.
Anyhow, thanks for sharing your high school photo. Junior year?

After climbing 4 miles at a 6% grade on a bicycle, cresting the mountain, and finding yourself with a 9.5 mile descent. What a reward for a big effort. I am still picking the bugs from my teeth.

Ah, you beat me to it!

But, I'll add:

And the base of that descent is the end of the ride, and a nice cold beer awaits.

DW
Did anyone mention puppies and kittens?
Kids running just because they have too much energy to walk
A motorcycle, a long windy road, and no traffic in front
Flying an airplane, especially that moment when the wheels leave the ground
Landing an airplane, and (rarely) doing it so well I'm not quite sure of the instant the wheels touch the ground
Lasagna
DW, a fire in the fireplace, and a bottle of wine
Lots of things, this list could get pretty long

....?
Kids running just because they have too much energy to walk....

In this vein, kids on any playground where they are just so noisy with their "outside voices" during their play. Not sure when we lose that yelling tendency as soon as we step outside, but it makes me smile.

And kids who are a little too old but who come trick or treating anyway, even if not in costume, even if they are just getting candy, hanging on to childhood as long as they can, because it is almost over, make me smile too. I don't mind sacrificing a Snickers bar to that.

Riding the Harley and feeling the transition leaving one direction in a curve to entering another one in a different direction.

Fields of lavender, roasting coffee, Vivaldi first thing in the morning and at the top of my list pre-warmed socks in winter (something my adorable DH does for me occasionally in January).

^^^, except that around here we have to settle for 1-2mi descents.

Also- crossing the finish line of a marathon....in the upright position ;)

Sunsets

Drivers who let me merge without a fight (damn few of them around here)

Back
Top Bottom