What was Your Workout Today?

5 hours of brush clearing, chainsawing, and stacking firewood.

Now that is a workout.

Did a lot of that last year at my camp. Usually resulted in every muscle aching for a day or so. Then went back for more hair of the dog.

Feeling stressed today so instead of taking a day off from walking I threw on the long underwear and the headphones and managed 4.5 miles. Hubby thinks I'm crazy!

1 hour of yoga and 20 minutes of the dog walking me.

Feeling stressed today so instead of taking a day off from walking I threw on the long underwear and the headphones and managed 4.5 miles. Hubby thinks I'm crazy!

Hubby is right. No one should be allowed out jogging in their long underwear. At least cover it up with track pants:LOL:

Hubby is right. No one should be allowed out jogging in their long underwear. At least cover it up with track pants:LOL:
However, if you have a supermodel physique, jogging in bikini briefs is not only acceptable but desirable.

Thirty Minutes elliptical and thirty on the weight machines. The extra bowl of chile at dinner and those two corn bread muffins made it all for naught.

Last night did one of my mini-aerobic sessions which I recently started doing in between weight training sessions:

> walked on treadmill at a 21 degree incline for 15 minutes
> 3x15 25 lb medicine ball slams
> 3 two minute rounds on the heavy bag

Although my hand speed and punching power have increased a lot, there are a few women in the gym that could probably kick my butt:LOL:

45 Minutes on the elliptical. My "Lose It App" allows me a big dinner and maybe some dark chocolate for dessert.

Today, after weight lifting at the gym, I confirmed that the addition of a big TV makes exercycling at home a lot more fun today than previously.

30 mins on the stationary bike, 70 push ups and 40 jumping jacks.

30 minutes on my stationary bike, too, but at a leisurely pace, and with no pushups or jumping jacks afterwards. :)

Tomorrow I plan to hook up my old DVD player to the new TV in my home gym room, to provide more exercise opportunities.:D

Tomorrow I plan to hook up my old DVD player to the new TV in my home gym room, to provide more exercise opportunities.:D

Jane Fonda workout videos or P90-X?

The DVD that is highest on my list is probably Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds". Walking, and inside, that sounds like something that would be good for me. I have never seen that DVD but it seems pretty popular. After reading your post, I looked up Jane Fonda workouts and found one (Jane Fonda Prime Time Walkout) that is walking for seniors! Sounds good, too. The weather outside has been gorgeous this week, but the rains are starting again and the oppressive heat and humidity of summer is looming. So, indoor walking is appealing.

Also, I have never done yoga but that is supposed to be great so I could get a yoga video. I don't feel up to P90X, although I know a lot of people love it.

Maybe I can see if the library has exercise DVD's of some kind that I could check out. This DVD player is so old that it isn't even blu-ray and has component connections instead of HDMI. That is why I am inspired to pull it out of the closet, dust it off, and hook it up to my new TV - - although both my TVs have mainly HDMI inputs, having the new TV means I also have one more old fashioned component input open for use.

Last edited:

My neighbor had a bootleg copy of Jane's first workout video (the real one was $80 back in early 80s). Every move had the potential for major joint damage. Good times.

My neighbor had a bootleg copy of Jane's first workout video (the real one was $80 back in early 80s). Every move had the potential for major joint damage. Good times.

Eek! That doesn't sound good. But maybe her walking video for seniors would be OK. How badly can someone mess up walking? :)

The small local fitness center where I now go just got in a few new eliptical machines with built-in TV so I went for 6.25 miles and kept my heart rate under 125. At under that rate it's supposed to help me loose a few more pounds. The scale at home (that frequently lies to me) says I have 15 pounds to go. We'll see.

Cheers!

Eek! That doesn't sound good. But maybe her walking video for seniors would be OK. How badly can someone mess up walking? :)

That early video was the groundbreaker in the field, quickly followed by her next one that modified the risky moves. I am sure today's walking video is just fine! I should try it too.

That early video was the groundbreaker in the field, quickly followed by her next one that modified the risky moves. I am sure today's walking video is just fine! I should try it too.

Oh, OK! Then the walking video should be OK. Lots of people swear by the Leslie Sansone walking videos, too. Apparently I can watch some of them on my new TV through youtube instead of with the DVD player, so I'll try that later.

As for yoga, I also noticed the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga video. There are a lot of interesting sounding videos, if I can use them and not die of boredom. That is a very big "if", for me. Of course, this is all assuming that this old DVD player even works. (edited to add: checked it, and it does work, even after all this time. :) )

Last edited:
30 Minutes weights
55 Minutes Elliptical Machine

My "Lose It" App tells me that I can eat a large healthy dinner tonight. Hurrah!

I've never actually seen one of her videos, but I know she is a workout junky and based on her recent appearance at the awards, especially given her age, she must be doing something right:cool:

I can finally post something real here. :D

I am using my mini stair stepper while I watch the weather channel in the AM. I have logged 750+ steps in 4 sessions in the last 6 days. I can feel my leg and butt muscles strengthening as I go. I already had good muscle tone, so it's all a bonus. My goal is to tone up my [-]beer pudge[/-] midsection and legs. Miniskirt weather is fast approaching. :cool:

Mr B has permission to nag me to do the daily routine, but I think I will stick with it. I am looking forward to the time when I can do 500 steps in 1 session without feeling muscle strain in my thighs.

:dance:

That's terrific, Freebird! I'll bet that is as many stairs as climbing from the ground floor clear to the top floor of a big highrise building. :dance:

I just read that there are 1860 steps from the ground floor to the observation deck on the 102nd floor of the Empire State Building. So, you are more than 2/5th of the way up! Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom