What was Your Workout Today?

Woo Hoo! Hit a milestone before its time. I completed my first eliptical half marathon this morning. It's been a few years since I was able to do much of anything it sure feels good. The neuropathy down my right leg and foot gave me a little trouble but not enough to stop when I was getting so close. I hope this will be a stepping stone to my ultimate goal.

Cheers!

Biked 75 miles followed by a 6 mile run.. Increasing my distances but mixing it up a bit more.. Tomorrow swim 2 miles and weightlifting..

Wow! Inspiring!

I tried to run yesterday, after painting, with a brush, standing up, for 3 hours. My legs loudly exclaimed "thou fool!" Jogged and walked a bit thru 6km. Feel a bit better this morning, and it is a bit warmer, so off I go. Will do 5-6km.

R

After a long, cold winter the temps are climbing around here. It felt sooooo good to not need long underwear, headband or gloves these last few days. Managed 5.5 miles yesterday and today.

Have been clearing brush and hand trenching my new cable route the past few days waiting until it warms up a little for biking.

3.5 mile run at about 10min/mile (I'm not fast), 1.5 mile walk with DW and our Boston terrier pup who just turned 5 months old. This afternoon I'll paint (brush) the last 8x8 bay on my shed, and maybe plant a few more things in the garden.

R

I started walking again after an eleven year hiatus. Started with a mile a day for 5 days and bumped it up to 2.23 miles today. I forgot how good regular exercise makes me feel.

Thirty-five minutes on the elliptical machine. Twenty minutes on the weights. Yogurt for breakfast and salad for lunch. My "Lose It App" was very happy.

Six miles on the elliptical machine and then trimmed one of the palm trees and the hedge around the air conditioner.

Cheers!

Fun workout today 3 mile run / 2 mile swim / 11 mile bike ride / 1 hour in the weight room.... that should do it for today!

I started walking again after an eleven year hiatus. Started with a mile a day for 5 days and bumped it up to 2.23 miles today. I forgot how good regular exercise makes me feel.

Good on ya, Mate!

2 hrs of figure skating. Minimal interference by miniature hockey skaters.

Enhanced by a 14 year old pacticing her performance routine. I paid her compliments, she is a smooth and elegant skater. A rarity.

I lifted 17.5 tons on my first day back in the gym since my recent dental implant surgery.

I lifted 17.5 tons on my first day back in the gym since my recent dental implant surgery.

Thats impressive, glad to hear about this fast bounce back W2R!

Reactions: W2R
Joined a gym today on a 1 month trial membership. I did this at a different gym back in November and at the end of the month decided it wasn't for me. Now I think I need some extra motivation because I'm really slacking off with my home exercise routines. So, maybe belonging to a gym will help. Maybe.

Joined a gym today on a 1 month trial membership. I did this at a different gym back in November and at the end of the month decided it wasn't for me. Now I think I need some extra motivation because I'm really slacking off with my home exercise routines. So, maybe belonging to a gym will help. Maybe.

I hope this gym works out better for you. Some gyms are just nicer than others.

Ran 5km, 31 minutes, then ran another half mile to catch DW on her walk, then walked about a mile and a half with her. I need to get back on the bike...it's been about 3 weeks.

R

One hour of walking an 800 meter asphalt path around a lake. Kinda boring, but better than the other walking options in this town. Kinda cool because it's on the grounds of Klaikangwon Palace, one of the residences of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

I think it does help when you find the right gym for you. Good luck, stop dreaming and just stay do it (and keep doing it)!

Rode 76 miles on the bike yesterday, Today ran 3 miles bikeed 14 miles swam 2 miles and lifted ... Feeling pretty good.

This afternoon I lifted 17.5 tons again. Then I did some yoga for the first time in my life, ever... :cool: The yoga seems like it might be really good for balance and flexibility.

Yesterday all I did was go grocery shopping. I needed everything imaginable, so grocery shopping was enough! :LOL:

I hope this gym works out better for you. Some gyms are just nicer than others.
So far so good: spent about an hour on the various wight machines yesterday and really feel it this morning. Today's exercise will be yard work and getting the vegetable garden ready for planting.

Hey W2R, when you post how many tons you've lifted, are you just keeping a mental note of how many reps x weight used? Total tonnage sounds like a good measure to track. I'd like to do that when I get settled in at this gym, but right now I'm changing the weight a lot until I find what I'm comfortable with.

Back
Top Bottom