Why do Drs. recommend sitting in water?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If you have a problem like hemorrhoids or other problem with your anus physicians suggest you sit in water I understand. I have no knowledge of medical techniques at all, and am wondering what the sitting in water does for your..uh....fanny?:blush:
It seems many physicians recommend sitting in water for a variety of physical problems and aches and pains. What's with the water treatment? Does water in your tub have some magical powers of healing?

It's a joke, and they laugh with the other docs about how you are sitting in your bathtub while they are out playing golf.

I think it shrinks the tissue and reduces swelling. I've noticed that spending a lot of time in the cold salt water of the North Sea in England used to shrink the tissue quite a bit :whistle:

This bath stuff is really popular around here according to the old ladies in the locker room at the pool. I didn't know if it was a German thing (lots of Germans here) or a Midwest thing or what. Started me thinking...but shrinking the tissue sounds logical. I had no clue as I am "medical knowledge" challenged.

Ahhhh...okay. Obviously, I didn't want to ask any of the old ladies this question as they seem so shy they'd probably just giggle and titter.

while we are on delicate subjects....something I stumbled on on a home remedy forum....

when on the toilet, lean as far forward as you can, which aligns your colon as close as possible to the relative angle it would have if you were squatting in the woods, which is what your system is designed to do

it also dramatically reduces the requirement for toilet paper!

This thread is [-]worthless[/-] tolerable without pics :sick:

while we are on delicate subjects....something I stumbled on on a home remedy forum....

when on the toilet, lean as far forward as you can, which aligns your colon as close as possible to the relative angle it would have if you were squatting in the woods, which is what your system is designed to do

it also dramatically reduces the requirement for toilet paper!

UH......thanks, I guess..........:yuk:

Ahhhh...okay. Obviously, I didn't want to ask any of the old ladies this question as they seem so shy they'd probably just giggle and titter.
I've giggled a lot...but I don't think I've ever...ummmm, tittered...:whistle:

I can't imagine the pain of hemorrhoids hanging out, but, when my friend who was 4'10" had a 9 lb. baby hers hung out and...her husband had to push 'em in she told me. Whew...I can't even imagine that. Bad hemorrhoids must be ultra-painful I would imagine, and I feel sorry for those that have them.

I think "ew" is an understatement there. I always wondered how he could make love to her after that...poor guy. I hope the visuals of that experience don't pop into his head at a "romantic" moment...ha!

Anus doctor. No wonder none of the medical professionals on this board commented.

Anus doctor? Kroeran is one?
That reminds me of a funny short story of a family friend who was gay, but had no "outward" signs about being gay (not flamboyant, in other words). He went for a job at Northwestern's hospital organization of multiple hospitals in Chicago. They put him in the Proctology Department. He and the rest of us had a good laugh over that one.

I’ve been told it’s best to get the lowest toilet and put your feet on a stool if needed so your knees are at lest 8” above your anus. This is a more natural position and I’m sure leaning forward dose about the same thing.

I saw a plastic thing in a medical mail order magazine that you put in the freezer and then um, well, ah, and it’s says it helps temporally shrink them.

Anus doctor? Kroeran is one?
That reminds me of a funny short story of a family friend who was gay, but had no "outward" signs about being gay (not flamboyant, in other words). He went for a job at Northwestern's hospital organization of multiple hospitals in Chicago. They put him in the Proctology Department. He and the rest of us had a good laugh over that one.

think more along the lines having too much time on my hands, picking up odd internet factoids here and there ; - )

as far as your family friend, like any "hobby", doing anything professionally usually ruins the fun in it - I would imagine similar outcome for a straight male gynecologist

Back
Top Bottom