Why Hillary Clinton should seriously consider (not so) ER

I wish her well. I definitely admire her and wish that she would retire. I think that it would be nice if Bill and her enjoyed retirement for awhile.

braumeister said:
As much as I agree with Meadbh that it would be best for her to retire and lighten up, I have to agree with Nords that it's extremely unlikely. I doubt if she could even conceive of a laid-back lifestyle.

Hillary and Bill Clinton have more ambition in their finger tips than I have in my entire body. That is just their nature, and good for them. If she took a short vacation and settled into a lifestyle like I have of pure leisure, she would go crazy. Now people are certainly allowed to change their minds, but she and her husband both have been quoted repeatedly in the past that she will not run for president again.

The news mentioned that she's flown about a million miles as secretary of state. We already know that long flights aren't good as long periods of sitting can cause clots.

She's not flying in coach. She can and probably does get up and walk around during her flights.

The news mentioned that she's flown about a million miles as secretary of state. We already know that long flights aren't good as long periods of sitting can cause clots.

Yes, I had the same thought when I heard about this. Plus, just the stress from constant long-distance travel (and the impact on sleep, diet, etc) has to impact your health after a while. In recent photos of her, she has definitely aged a lot these last few years. I have a lot of respect for what she has done for the country, and at age 65, I hope she does decide to relax and enjoy the remainder of her life. Even high-achievers need to realize when it's time for a change.

I am only a year older than Sec. Clinton and I sure would NOT want the constant on the go stress of her job.

On several different sites I have suggested that perhaps her next title shoul be Grandma. That could, with some think tank or University position keep her REAL busy.

I think we need to separate health from intention. For many people, health requires them to "slow down" long before their intention would... there are many people who's intention would be to never slow down in any way. I'm the exact opposite: As I get older, I'm beginning to think that my intention to achieve would not be as satisfying as "slowing down", stepping away from the rat race, and contributing whatever my health will allow me to contribute in some less competitive and stressful context. Maybe I'm mythologizing it (though those I know who are doing it would say I am not...) but I find the idea of finally seeing that net worth tip over some magic number, and being able to spend my time helping out at church and in my community in general rather than going to a job where my main reward is "just" money, to be very appealing.

I doubt she will retire but I hope she realizes the gray limp hair is aging her .So a new hair do with a blond rinse and maybe a little botox and she is good to go.

I resemble that remark! Literally---since I'm one of those women who don't color her hair or get Botox. I just don't see that hair color makes people look younger. Ever see that red hair color so predominant in Florida on 80+ year olds? They still look their age.

Take a look at the gray haired women here and tell me they don't look wonderful:

Silver Sisters

I resemble that remark! Literally---since I'm one of those women who don't color her hair or get Botox. I just don't see that hair color makes people look younger. Ever see that red hair color so predominant in Florida on 80+ year olds? They still look their age.

Take a look at the gray haired women here and tell me they don't look wonderful:

Silver Sisters
I dislike the hair coloring and cosmetic alterations. They look terrible twenty years later. People do stand out, but for the wrong reasons, and South Florida is the showcase for that.

This reminds me of a recent conversation with a niece, university age. She was visiting and had colored streaks in her hair. Over the course of the conversation she said "I have to dye my hair back to its original color". We joked after I pointed out the oxymoronic nature of that statement.

I do have to 'fess up. Shortly after retiring, on New Year's Eve ('00) I streaked my hair green. It was a wager with my daughter and her grades.

Last edited:
Hilary has definitely earned my respect over the years. She is an extremely smart, seasoned politician with a wealth of knowledge. Don't know what she will do. While she deserves a rest I don't know if she will take it.

I agree that maybe a cosmetic tuck and/or botox would help. I think she would look better if her hair were styled better. Even a braided pony tail would be nice...

I agree that maybe a cosmetic tuck and/or botox would help.

Whenever I hear something like this, I always think of Nancy Reagan and shudder.
If she had one more facelift, she would have been breathing through her navel.

With all this talk of Botox, face lifts and hair color, ask yourself if we would be having this conversation if Hillary were a man. (BTW have you noticed how much grey Pres. Obama has lately?) I do think Hillary should hire a good stylist and get a smart, short haircut that would look good with grey hair.

First: You're correct: There is a lot more focus on Hillary Clinton's appearance than there would be if she were a man. Second: I don't think President Obama actually has aged as much as President Clinton and President Bush both appeared to have aged, at the beginning of their second terms.

With all this talk of Botox, face lifts and hair color, ask yourself if we would be having this conversation if Hillary were a man. (BTW have you noticed how much grey Pres. Obama has lately?) I do think Hillary should hire a good stylist and get a smart, short haircut that would look good with grey hair.
I've noticed all young presidents turn gray while in office. Funny how that works.....

Silver Sisters

There are a lot of gray haired women that look great but some look washed out . Hillary Clinton who I respect and admire was looking washed out and it was aging her .I agree that some woman overdo it . I hate the cat look people get from too many face lifts. I would definetely go gray if my hair would not look so awful and mousey . It would save me a chunk of money .

Last edited:
I dislike the hair coloring and cosmetic alterations. They look terrible twenty years later. People do stand out, but for the wrong reasons, and South Florida is the showcase for that.
I agree that maybe a cosmetic tuck and/or botox would help. I think she would look better if her hair were styled better. Even a braided pony tail would be nice...
First: You're correct: There is a lot more focus on Hillary Clinton's appearance than there would be if she were a man. Second: I don't think President Obama actually has aged as much as President Clinton and President Bush both appeared to have aged, at the beginning of their second terms.
There are a lot of gray haired women that look great but some look washed out . Hillary Clinton who I respect and admire was looking washed out and it was aging her .I agree that some woman overdo it . I hate the cat look people get from too many face lifts. I would definetely go gray if my hair would not look so awful and mousey . It would save me a chunk of money .
My what a nasty gender-related turn this thread has taken.

We're talkin' about one of America's top success stories in politics and global policy, but now the topic is hair. Am I the only guy here who wonders why women are frustrated when they're not taken seriously in the workforce? Who is she, Donald Trump?!?

If you want to talk about celebrities with zero credibility, hair, & fashion, then maybe you should beat up on a Kardashian. Or Donald Trump.

I think Bill Clinton has fabulous hair....

Is a man his age (same as his wife's age, I believe) too old to run for president in 2016? Or should men also feel fulfilled simply if their children give them grandchildren?

If you want to talk about celebrities with zero credibility, hair, & fashion, then maybe you should beat up on a Kardashian. Or Donald Trump.

Donald Trump's hair is incredible. I keep expecting it to sprout legs and scuttle off his bare head. Or engage in debate with him. That sort of incredible...

Donald Trump's hair is incredible. I keep expecting it to sprout legs and scuttle off his bare head. Or engage in debate with him. That sort of incredible...

It shows poor judgment and leads to lack of credibility.

Especially when I see a photo of him in the middle of a screaming fit.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

M Paquette said:

To drag this thread lower... Believe it or not that hair on his head is real and relatively speaking for a man his age it is still pretty full, it is just styled weird. He let a news lady a few months ago pull on it and pull it back to see if it was a combover or a pelt on his head. He proved to them it was all real and no bald spot laying covered under it.
Concerning Hillary and women of coloring hair. In my personal experiences and I have worked with a lot of women in my day, they are way more brutal on woman and their grey hair than men are. I bet for every one comment I hear from a man, about a woman's hair style or grey, I will hear 10 snippy comments from women about a women. Maybe it's just the crowd I keep and have worked with. FWIW- I keep telling my GF to quit worrying about that stuff, but the older she gets, the more worried she becomes. I can't wait until she is old enough to not worry about it anymore.

I always think it looks silly when you see an older couple of about the same age and she has obviously colored her hair while his is white. I know quite a few men who color their hair. Who are we kidding? Perhaps ourselves? I have been coloring mine for over a decade, mainly to make myself feel better. Someday I will let it go au naturel. Not ready yet!

Back
Top Bottom