Would you like to gain weight loose weight or stay the same? Poll

Would you like to gain weight loos weight or stay the same?

• I'm a guy that is too thin

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I'm a guy that is just right

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I'm a guy that is too heavy

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I'm a girl that is too thin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a girl that is just right

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • I'm a girl that is too heavy

Votes: 24 26.1%

• Total voters
I think the weight is just about right, now I can focus on converting more fat to more muscle...

Up till last year I would have voted to stay the same. I packed on 20 pounds in one year (menopause)! I am now hell bent on losing it. I think I've dropped about 7 pounds by bicycling to work (1/2 hour each way) and hiking on weekends.

Helen,
This happened to me. With retiring, counting calories/carbs/fiber/fat/protein/sodium and working out in some form 6 days a week, I was able to take it off. Now I'm happy with my weight. It took about 6 months. I feel much better. I think it was all those restaurant lunches+menopause. :p

I'm exactly twice what my wife is. She's such a delicate flower.

Ah hah. In another thread, I envy your ability to eat so much. Now I know. Cut out the bacon, will ya?:D

P.S. To reply to CFB post below. Denial, denial :D

Nah, if I had four boobs I'd never leave the house.

Sounds like it might be time to make another joke about all y'all being boobs...

HFWR

I should figure out the most revolting person to be the same height as. You never hear someone say they are the same height as Charles Manson...it's always Julia Roberts or brad pitt.

After hearing the crows southern harmony and musical companion I was a fan.

Walt

You are the perfect height and weight for a guy. I'm not sure if you have a wife or girlfriend but if you do I bet she is beautiful and if you don't you could easily get one. Some of my buddies were around that height an weight and they got exotic dancers and other scalding hot girls constantly.

Alan

I need one of those shirts!

6-6 and 155

You should be in the Olympics!! I bet you could swim or do something athletic really good.

And you know what until I read this thread I thought I was one of about 5 guys in this country under 200 pounds. It seems everyone is that way where I live.

Jim

I can't really answer the pool because while I would like to slim down, I am technically just right. So I would like to lose a little, but I am not considered overweight.

6'4" and 175 - could do with another 10# or so if it didn't contribute to the snake swallowed a basketball profile. Always thin - back when i joined the Navy they put me in the MedRep group - medically repairable. The "repair" was to not issue uniforms or skivvies till i either A: gained a bunch of weight, or 2: said "i feel good and frisky - lets play boot camp"! Tired of hand washing my socks and delicates real fast and decided i was as good as i got. Slow on the uptake me - option C might have been to choose to be unrepairable - though the Army might have taken someone the Navy didn't want - dunno. Tommy Lee and i have much in common - our sterling personalities - one BIG difference - his ink.

Helen,
This happened to me. With retiring, counting calories/carbs/fiber/fat/protein/sodium and working out in some form 6 days a week, I was able to take it off. Now I'm happy with my weight. It took about 6 months. I feel much better. I think it was all those restaurant lunches+menopause. :p

Thanks for the encouragement! I think if I just quit drinking beer and continue exercising I'll be there. I don't tend to over eat, but I do drink too much beer. So, I've cheated a couple of times but for the most part I've given it up.

Oh, and with the exercise I feel so much better mentally. I'm happier than I've been in a long time. I think it helps that we moved into the city and got out of our rut. I was ready for a change.

Life is good, even with my extended belly. :D

Back
Top Bottom