Younger Next Year DVD

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I think someone here recently suggested the book Younger Next Year. I checked with my local library and they didn't have the book, but they had a DVD, so I checked it out and watched it. Not revolutionary but I thought it was an hour well spent. The exercise and diet info was no surprise (to me), but the emotional health/exercise segment was welcome positive reinforcement (to me). YMMV. Thanks...
You can actually become more fit both physically and mentally as you grow older. Join Dr. Henry Lodge as he dispels the myths of American aging and explains the new science of aging. Learn how to take charge of your biology to become functionally younger-more vibrant purposeful and dynamic-for years to come.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 82
I didn't know there was a video.

I've read the book several times and I agree that there is no shocking revelation of new information but it serves as a good reminder and motivator.

I'll testify that when I follow the recommended behavior the effect is significant.

Thanks, Midpack. I'll see if my library has either the book or DVD.

Found the exercise discussions insightful

I really liked this book. It is especially significant to someone who is already retired. I gave it to my cousin who still works and he couldn't identify. The chapter about running with a heart rate monitor was informative as well as the strength training of older joints and the many positive benefits associated. Did you know there is a male and female version and you really should read your gender. It's a great read.

Agreed. This book made a big impact on me (yellow book) and wife (pink book - probably has secrets about dealing with men).

Back
Top Bottom