Analyst recommendations

Cap_Scarlet

Recycles dryer sheets
As part of my stock picking I like to look at analyst recommendations and I tend to use FT Markets as my source. What sites do people here use (I am particularly interested in European stocks)?

Morningstar.com for the larger cap ones (paid subscription). It's fairly decent sometimes.

Smaller stocks in Europe: the best source you basically have to learn the local languages and read the local financial newspaper. It ain't great, but the rest is very poorly covered.

I find most analyst coverage in general though either very precise in numbers but totally wrong in judgment, or based on superficial feelings instead of facts.

I avoid motley fool, zacks and similar. Almost all noise, low signal.

Another source are the analyst calls hosted by individual companies. There usually is one or two who actually know their stuff. Insightful to get a good grasp on an unfamiliar company.

Morningstar.com for the larger cap ones (paid subscription). It's fairly decent sometimes.

Smaller stocks in Europe: the best source you basically have to learn the local languages and read the local financial newspaper. It ain't great, but the rest is very poorly covered.

I find most analyst coverage in general though either very precise in numbers but totally wrong in judgment, or based on superficial feelings instead of facts.

I avoid motley fool, zacks and similar. Almost all noise, low signal.

Another source are the analyst calls hosted by individual companies. There usually is one or two who actually know their stuff. Insightful to get a good grasp on an unfamiliar company.

Thanks - I do look at Morningstar as well as iii.co.uk but you are right, generally coverage is very poor.

I have a paid subscription to Value Line which is an index with 1700 stocks, there are probably about 30 European stocks in the index, trading as ADR's in the USA. I like to use some of the many ratings they hold as an unbiased 3rd party appraisal of companies

Some of the European stocks are:
Deutche Telecom
BT Group
Nokia
Ericson Telephone
Vodafone
Fresnius Medical Care
Total S.a.
Daimler A.G
Ferrari N.V.
Fiat Chrysler
Sensata Tech N.V.