Another Sign of Global Deflation

And then you still can't come back for 90 days. :(

Hmmm. We never filed for resident status in France because we'd fly back home to the US every 4 or 5 weeks, stay for a few days and then fly back.

Essentially we were tourists/"travelling on business" even though we had our own apartment, car etc and did this for almost a decade.

Maybe we weren't going by the rules?

Maybe we weren't going by the rules?

There's certainly a lot of that happening, either knowingly or unknowingly. We're not keen on having our passports blacklisted from the EU by immigration, so we play by the rules.

The Schengen area is also relatively new. We hear from a lot of people "who did it all the time." But if they did it before 1995, the rules have changed since then.

There's certainly a lot of that happening, either knowingly or unknowingly. We're not keen on having our passports blacklisted from the EU by immigration, so we play by the rules.

The Schengen area is also relatively new. We hear from a lot of people "who did it all the time." But if they did it before 1995, the rules have changed since then.

Actually I now remember (this was 1995 through 2006 time frame) that my company had cleared this process through some French gov't agency.

Water under the bridge at this point, but interesting.

I checked out the latest CPI-U numbers and was surprised to see food at home is actually down -0.4% for 2015. Food inflation has been a big complaint on this board...

Yeah, I've noticed milk and cheese has been pretty cheap lately.

Back
Top Bottom