Anyone Diving in Today??

Dove in, glad I did.........:)

On the afternoon dip, sold a small slug of S&P 500 and Total International Index and dumped it in equal parts US small cap index and US small cap value index.

Since I am virtually 100% equities, I go from less volatile large cap stuff to more volatile small cap-ish stuff when markets drop because usually the small cap stuff moves more. Not DMT'ing, just rounding off the under weighted asset allocations. Although this is the third time I have rebalanced in the last month or so. What's the threshold for DMT status? 4 rebalances in a month? :)

I think DMT is rebalancing more than twice a year. Three times in a month certainly qualifies.

I here by invite you to the next DMT anonymous meeting. They are held when the market is close (wouldn't want to miss the fun).

Hum 100% equities and with the VIX up to 40% you go for higher volatility? I think your SIL gambling spirit has started to affect you.

Welcome to the dark side.

Ok, I confess. I jumped in too, on a very small potatoes scale.
I took the time today to research BHP, the company that just bought HK a few weeks ago. I liked what I saw in BHP's global diversification and metals/energy/pesticides lines.
I grabbed 75 shares at $76.12. Closing price of BHP today was over $79, so I am a happy camper for today. I may have bought BHP just in enough time to get a dividend in Sept.
HK will still exist as a US subsidiary of BHP so I figured I would take my own actions to continue "owning shares" of HK, albeit under BHP's umbrella. Recall I accepted a tender offer for HK as part of the merger deal struck in July of this year.
I am not in over my head on this one. Mr B has been following the HK acquisition by BHP story right along and said "go for it" if you have a good feeling about BHP.
So I did. :dance:

Yesterday, I setup contributions for my kids' 529 plans. The thing is, it takes 2 days for the money to transfer and purchases on the day's close. So, I'll buy into today's NAV.

Figured today will be slight up or down day. It was up earlier (darn), then down (yippee!!), then sideways, then way up (darn!!!!).

This is what hate about these funds. You can't buy it at that price like etfs. But, in the big picture, I think it was an ok buy in.

Hey what happened to the testosterone account? Don't tell me you move all of that to psst also :(

Welllll - ok ok a few good stocks left. But I have to sell something to buy something.

heh heh heh - maybe when football fires up in sept and oct I shall shift a few deck chairs on the Titanic - er the next great stock or some such. :cool: ;).

Yesterday, added $17k in S&P fund & $5k in CMG late in the day...my NLY has been a super saver for me lately too.

Nothing purchased today, but yesterday I plumped up my Oil Service (FSESX) and did six separate transactions scaling into DVY during the chaos. Ah the beauty of no commission trades at FIDO.
From this point I'm more about seeing what will recover, or not, and weeding out the "or nots," hopefully on a day like today.

Happy Trading!

JPatrick;1099154...and did six separate transactions scaling into DVY during the chaos. Ah the beauty of no commission trades at FIDO.[/QUOTE said:
That ETF has made us happy campers since it recovered from the 2008-09 carnage..

I hurried up and stood there. Was lucky yesterday, though, in that all my bond fund divvies were reinvested... :cool:

Bought DVY twice and PG plus the biweekly Total Market kicked in yesterday evening.

Pretty unusual day in the market. Even with the Dow finishing way up, I was able to add to positions in 12 of my dividend stocks at prices lower than the day before. My purchases all took place just after 3 pm and the Dow really took off right after that. Timing is everything - I'd rather be lucky than good.

I am buying again today (CVX, XOM, GE, WMT, MDT)

You're buying all the ones I just sold!

I put a low-ball limit order for O. It will get filled only if we have a huge downdraft.

Both yesterday and today I bought more Vanguard Total Stock Mkt Index ADM (VTSAX).

Just for fun, I'd like to have a peek at the past few weeks trading activity of the good folks at S & P, as well as their friends, family, and house pets...:(

Just curious...

Thank you SEC..Happy Hunting!!

WASHINGTON (TheStreet) -- The Securities and Exchange Commission has asked Standard & Poor's to disclose who at the ratings agency knew of its decision to downgrade U.S. debt before it was announced last Friday, The Financial Times reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
MoreThe SEC's action is part of a preliminary look into potential insider trading, the newspaper said.:dance:

SEC Probes S&P's U.S. Debt Downgrade: Report - TheStreet

Thank you SEC..Happy Hunting!!

WASHINGTON (TheStreet) -- The Securities and Exchange Commission has asked Standard & Poor's to disclose who at the ratings agency knew of its decision to downgrade U.S. debt before it was announced last Friday, The Financial Times reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
MoreThe SEC's action is part of a preliminary look into potential insider trading, the newspaper said.:dance:

SEC Probes S&P's U.S. Debt Downgrade: Report - TheStreet

another quote:
The agency isn't aware of a leak from an S&P insider, nor was it aware of an aberrational trade, the newspaper said.

So, we are going to ask them? Then all is known!

I dove in and bought $88K worth of 10 individual stocks on 8/9/2011. Up about 6% so far ($5K). I did the same thing in early July 2010 and sold much of it in Feb 2011. Made lots of money, hope to do the same again now.

I dove in and bought $88K worth of 10 individual stocks on 8/9/2011. Up about 6% so far ($5K). I did the same thing in early July 2010 and sold much of it in Feb 2011. Made lots of money, hope to do the same again now.
Congratulations and I do hope you are equally successful on your recent buy. If not, will you post here and let us know - just like you posted about making 'lots of money' in Feb? :)

I ended up 2+ % this month by trading a little. Bought and sold CMG, PNRA, NLY and BMY. Bought 500 shr of T @ 28.25 yesterday.

As far as buying mutual funds in my 401K, I'm staying with bond and stable value until the end of Sept, maybe end of year. CNBC was saying yesterday that September is usuallly a bad month for stocks.

Stocks..same thing. I'll see how European banks are doing at the end of Sept. and how our unemployment in factory job are doing. I'll probably purhase M or SKS in Oct. if they dip because of the holidays.

Back
Top Bottom