financials

73ss454

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm holding a ton of financials and have taken my lumps for the last year.
Do you guys think we can see a major rebound in financials with todays news of Freddie and Fannie?

Maybe, maybe not? Only time will tell. I know this borders on a non-answer and could be called flippant but minds much, much smarter than mine, do not know.

There is a (less than useful) article in today's NY Times that points out an important theory:

"Any big, focused bets are better left for hedge funds, not for you and me."

Yup, I look forward to doing more indexing. My stomach can't stand individual stocks any longer.

I'm holding a ton of financials and have taken my lumps for the last year.
Do you guys think we can see a major rebound in financials with todays news of Freddie and Fannie?
Not if a significant chunk of your ton is in Freddie and Fannie shares. Can't wait to see the damage to my Dodge & Cox and Wellington funds. :p

This retirement thing isn't for those with weak stomachs or just about anyone could do it. Right? ;)

I'd say there may be some short term plays, but if you look at the charts, many of the banks have already rebounded to their resistance line. JMO

Not enough to bring anything down today, at least not yet.

I think some financials would be ok, provided they don't have 50% of their "assets" in sub-prime mortgages...........and pay a NICE dividend

Not as bad as I feared, actually not bad at all!

Dodge & Cox Balanced (DODBX) up [-]0.4%[/-] 1.3%
Vanguard Wellington (VWQENX) up 1.5%

Yeah, I know. There's always tomorrow...

Last edited:
Hmmm - let's take a look in ole drawer number two of the DRIP cabinet:

JP Morgan Chase

BAC - Bank of America

UBS - United Bank of Switzerland

Not banged up enough yet - Saint's won their opener - soooo maybe take a look at some Warren Buffett's Wells Fargo come October.

heh heh heh - football, hormones, greed and fear - this is fun right. My real money is in Target Retirement for ah retirement. :rolleyes: :D :angel:.

If the Dow dividend (DVY) or small-cap value (IJS) ETFs had anything in FNMA or FNMC (I'm not going to take the time to look it up) then it just paled in significance compared to today's huge sighs of relief heaved by every financial manager seeking liquidity and some degree of clarity.

just bought a financial ETF last night just before the 8pm E-Trade cutoff for after hours trading

got me some SKF

just bought a financial ETF last night just before the 8pm E-Trade cutoff for after hours trading

got me some SKF

were you able to get out of SKF in the 120-150 range for a quick buck or did you end up holding it?

got out and went long on wednesday leveraged 4-1, too early but sold today for around 30% in real gains

got too bearish wednesday and thursday

Back
Top Bottom