Follow Shipping Stocks?

sea worthy

I have two shipping stocks that look good . Egle, and tbsi . They both made money for me. I will take a look at nm , mybe it's time to buy.

Well all the ones I've been holding, DSX, EGLE, FRO, and NM have rebounded very nicely. I'm wondering if its now time to lighten up alittle.

Well all the ones I've been holding, DSX, EGLE, FRO, and NM have rebounded very nicely. I'm wondering if its now time to lighten up alittle.

My thinking also... so I put a stop loss order... if it wants to keep going up, I will go up with it... but am ready to see a piece if it takes a dip...

Hmmm - I too am a short term investor, after 7-10 yrs I will take a look at EGLE, and not a shipper :cool:STON) and decide whether to keep em for the long term.

heh heh heh - :D.

These stocks are up over 50% since March. I'm not thinking of selling all of them, just lightning up a little. I was adding when they were down and now wonder if they have gotten ahead of themselfs.

These stocks are up over 50% since March. I'm not thinking of selling all of them, just lightning up a little. I was adding when they were down and now wonder if they have gotten ahead of themselfs.

The stocks are way behind the surging fndamentals. I intend to hang on as the media alerts the retail rubes that things are great in the industry and then I will sell when the idiot crowd rushes in and bids up the stocks. Expect this to happen within a few weeks to 6 months.

The stocks are way behind the surging fndamentals. I intend to hang on as the media alerts the retail rubes that things are great in the industry and then I will sell when the idiot crowd rushes in and bids up the stocks. Expect this to happen within a few weeks to 6 months.

And what is a target on NM:confused:

And what is a target on NM:confused:

I believe it is worth $20 to $25. Having said that, let me give you an important caveat. There is currently a massive squeeze on for ships, to the point of a dire shortage vs. the cargos that need to be moved. If the squeeze goes further than I am expecting (think BDI north of 15,000), the stock may be worth considerably more. As an example, take a look at the coal companies. A year to 18 months ago, ANR would have been overjoyed to sell a ton of met coal for $100. They recently sold a ton for $240. A stock that I thought last year was starting to look pricy in the 30s is now well north of 50.

I believe it is worth $20 to $25. Having said that, let me give you an important caveat. There is currently a massive squeeze on for ships, to the point of a dire shortage vs. the cargos that need to be moved. If the squeeze goes further than I am expecting (think BDI north of 15,000), the stock may be worth considerably more. As an example, take a look at the coal companies. A year to 18 months ago, ANR would have been overjoyed to sell a ton of met coal for $100. They recently sold a ton for $240. A stock that I thought last year was starting to look pricy in the 30s is now well north of 50.

Life is good. :cool:

Thank's for your thoughts, I'll just keep watching them for awhile. The shipping stocks have pushed me into positive territory for the year, so I am happy.

Now if some of those bank stocks would get on board.

You may also want to look at SFL and VLCCF. Nice income while you wait. JMO

SFL

I got some too. Gota love that FRO. Up 89% for me and that great dividend.
kbst

I also got SFL from the FRO spin-off. However, I recently dumped my EGLE and added more SFL instead.

What about DHT? Profit looks good in the rearview mirror. Have they become too diluted?

-CC

Ran across this article on marketwatch. Summary is: A daily gauge of ocean shipping rates that serves as a widely-followed leading economic indicator has roared back to new highs after dipping earlier this year, highlighting both the resilience of the global economy and surging inflation pressures.

-CC

Ran across this article on marketwatch. Summary is: A daily gauge of ocean shipping rates that serves as a widely-followed leading economic indicator has roared back to new highs after dipping earlier this year, highlighting both the resilience of the global economy and surging inflation pressures.

-CC

Idiotic article in many respects. The BDI reflects what is going on in the BRIC economies, the steel industry, and a shortage of shipping tonnage and port capacity caused by decades of underinvestment. The index is quite volatile, but the underlying causes will take years and a lot of capital to resolve, so it will remain at relatively high levels for the forseeably future. Unless, of course, the Chinese and the Indans stop building out infrastructure, growing their populations, and would rather sit in dark, unheated buildings in the winter.

Yeah, volatility is mostly all I got out of it. Now is not the time to buy compared to a few months ago. No use getting ourselves worked up into a lather if we're dirty market timers. ;) ...just another piece of info.

-CC

If the squeeze goes further than I am expecting (think BDI north of 15,000), the stock may be worth considerably more.

I bought NM Sept $10 Calls @ $1.90 a month or so ago. I was waiting until NM hit $15 to sell and almost sold at $14.50?

I hope I won't be waiting too much longer for NM to get back up there?

In hindsight, I should have sold at $14.50 and I could have re-entered now. Oops.

Lance

I bought NM Sept $10 Calls @ $1.90 a month or so ago. I was waiting until NM hit $15 to sell and almost sold at $14.50?

I hope I won't be waiting too much longer for NM to get back up there?

In hindsight, I should have sold at $14.50 and I could have re-entered now. Oops.

Lance

Remember, kiss every dollar you spend on options goodbye as soon as you click the "buy" button.

Back
Top Bottom