Good place to get Stock Quotes

twobarkingdogs

Confused about dryer sheets
Can anyone recommend a good place to get stock quotes. Somewhere where you do not have to log in and can get quotes on multiple stocks at once in a list. It doesn't need to do real time price updates as I'm willing to hit the refresh button when I need to

Up to now I've always used Yahoo and had a bookmark with about 50 stocks in it, see the example below. I was able to see all of he stocks in a grid pattern, current price, 52 H/L, Div%, etc.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quotes/HD,VFC,PEP,KO,mcd

Well today I executed my bookmark cause I was going to do my Saturday research and Yahoo has changed their finance screen to a wider screen, lots of graphics and news and it just isn't easy to read any more. They have done this in the past when I was sometimes redirected to a 'beta' link but that is not the case today

So I'm on the hunt for a new place to get quotes from. I don't want to use my broker as I do this at work and sometimes walk away from my pc and don't want to leave access to my account if you know what I mean. Just a simple place where I can bookmark around 50 stocks, view prices, and drill down to individual details as desired. Basically the way yahoo used to be.

Then again maybe I'll get lucky and all will be back to normal on monday but their pissing me off today so I'm looking for alternatives

Thanks

Google Finance lets you set up portfolios, similar in many ways to Yahoo.

I've used yahoo for mine, but either download using a visual studio application or Excel. It downloads the data I want and displays it the way I asked it to. I have not used it for while, but if the API still works that is easy

oops - I made this screen exactly what you don't like :eek:

Actually I think you supplied me with a fix. When I clicked on your link the yahoo page displayed the old way. When I used my bookmark it displayed the new way. The difference is that you had /view/v1 at the end of your link. I added it to mine and it now back to displaying in the format I desire.

So big thanks.

I did notice that when I click on an individual stock from either your list or mine that it displays the detail in the new format. Everything takes up too much space now. I don't need the chart to be defaulted on the screen nor all the space taken up by company news. Looks like yahoo tried to get fancy and messed up a good thing

So other then google does anyone have any other suggestions.

Thanks

If you fixed the link in post, that explains why I see the same screen as in Sunset's post.

I'll have to look through my bookmark cache for some ideas for you.

I use Google sheet, Excel sheet to get the dashboard I want. I don't want to see the ads and so on. There are many examples of how to do this with spreadsheets.

There is also Morningstar and Marketwatch. Free accounts are available.

Motley Fool might be helpful too. I don't particularly like them but they have a tracker list.

Morningstar.com would be my first choice.

Back
Top Bottom