MORNINGSTAR INVESTOR TRAINING - Any Good?

Rickt

Recycles dryer sheets
I got a call today from Morningstar regarding "Morningstar Investor Training". The man said that their coaches teach/guide/help you set up investment strategy and guide you as you implement investment startegy. This service comes with a hefty price tag ($5000/Year) that includes, subscription to Morningstar premium membership, their newsletter and personal coaching teaching you how to invest successfully in good markets and bad, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with this service or anything similar? Appreciate your thoughts and advice. Thanks

Are you seriously even considering this? Is it a different Morningstar than the real Morningstar?

I have no experience with any of this because I would never give anybody money for info that I can get free on the internet or from a library.

......... personal coaching teaching you how to invest successfully in good markets and bad..........

:LOL: The way to make money in good markets and bad is to soak novice investors rather than risk your own money.

I'm sure you can do just as well by yourself using the normal M* website. It'll just take longer. That sounds very pricey. Especially if you do more than just a year. If you have a $5M portfolio and are cluesless on where to start the $5k price would sound appealing.

I feel really special now they offered me the M*n dividend investor training for free*

As I have said many times I think the $150 ish I paid for the M* Dividend Investor Newsletter is money well spent. It is roughly the same for a M* premium membership very helpful for picking individual stocks or if you have a slice and dice portfolio and want to dabble in non index fund ETF or Mutual Funds. Of dubious value otherwise.

The M* StockInvestor Newsletter is meh, I got it for $79 but didn't bother to resubscribe at twice the price. The M* Options newlsetter (free for signing up with OptionsHouse) is an absurd waste of money $1000 or so.

The Free M* Webinar are generally worth more than you pay for them.

I assuming the give you the first session free probably worth trying out, but in general $5,000 is boat load money for "training".

*After my one complementary training session I think free may no longer apply.

I feel really special now they offered me the M*n dividend investor training for free*

Cliff:
Thanks for the input. Yes I agree that $5k i way too much money to re-learn what I already know. I did a little checking and found that the Free course is still available and took a first few lessons--will go thru the whole course FREE and may even subscibe to M* Premium membership as you recommended. Have already sent the M* e mail passing on the expensive "Investor training" and thanking them for introducing me to this system.

Wish you profitable investing!

Rick

I would have to see the coaches financial statment....and to meet my qualifications i would than ask why the .ell are you still working? Soo i don't see much hope in this for me.

Bob

Last edited:
I would have to see the coaches financial statment....and to meet my qualifications i would than ask why the .ell are you still working? Soo i don't see much hope in this for me.

Bob

In defense of the M* investment coaches the ones listed in the links are pretty smart guys. I have a read a lot of their analysis and when they go on CNBC they sound smarter than the average taking head. (I don't really know their personal or portfolio track record.) Of course how much interaction you get with top guys is an open question.

I got a call today from Morningstar regarding "Morningstar Investor Training". The man said that their coaches teach/guide/help you set up investment strategy and guide you as you implement investment startegy. This service comes with a hefty price tag ($5000/Year) that includes, subscription to Morningstar premium membership, their newsletter and personal coaching teaching you how to invest successfully in good markets and bad, etc.
I wonder how many calls that poor guy has to make before he signs up a [-]sucker[/-] customer.

Of course at that price, he only needs 30-40 customers per year... maybe 10 calls per workday?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom