Near All Time Highs - who's going to pull the trigger?

Your right. I own Ibonds from 2001. I bought $60k worth. I just was wondering how people feel about taking lots of risk in stocks & not getting a proportionate amount of return. I don't think there's cause to believe the next 15 years will return anything.

Your right. I own Ibonds from 2001. I bought $60k worth. I just was wondering how people feel about taking lots of risk in stocks & not getting a proportionate amount of return. I don't think there's cause to believe the next 15 years will return anything.

Some of us piled in in 2008/2009 due to rebalancing. That was rewarding.

So the story as I understand it is that although we are near the market highs, the last 15 years have been terrible for the stock market and thus the nest 15 are supposed to be even worse? So I guess the conclusion is that altogether we are supposed to have a 30 year terrible stock market period.

Dunno, I ER'd at the end of 2002. Since then and living off my investments my liquid NW has a bit more than doubled (SS started 3 years ago at 62, tiny megacorp pension of $4k a year) . Although lots of inflation statistics are bandied about I can look at Quicken cash flow reports and see that my annual expenses have hardly budged over this time period and my standard of living feels about the same as it's been all along. I probably just don't get it but... exactly what are we worried about?

I dunno I'm not worried. Still working on how to blow all this dough - :)

So the story as I understand it is that although we are near the market highs, the last 15 years have been terrible for the stock market and thus the nest 15 are supposed to be even worse? So I guess the conclusion is that altogether we are supposed to have a 30 year terrible stock market period.

Dunno, I ER'd at the end of 2002. Since then and living off my investments my liquid NW has a bit more than doubled (SS started 3 years ago at 62, tiny megacorp pension of $4k a year) . Although lots of inflation statistics are bandied about I can look at Quicken cash flow reports and see that my annual expenses have hardly budged over this time period and my standard of living feels about the same as it's been all along. I probably just don't get it but... exactly what are we worried about?
Same here as a 1999 retiree. And 30 years seems to be pushing it. 25 maybe, and we are already over 16 years through, so only 9 left. ;)

Well get to figuringbout how to blow that stash so the stock market can benefit

Well get to figuringbout how to blow that stash so the stock market can benefit

After 22 years of ER I have cruised past 70 1/2 so my new found pals at the IRS are helping me with their RMD tables.

After all I'm not getting any younger and they keep saying I can't take it with me. :D :LOL: :facepalm:

heh heh heh - still pretty much full auto with Target Retirement and sliding/auto re balancing asset classes. :cool: :greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom