Sasol ADR SSL

Thingamajigger

Dryer sheet aficionado
I am new to the forum. I have both mutual funds and individual stocks in my retirement portfolio.

I have recently taken an overweight position in SSL (about 15% of my portfolio). I have both long term holds and I swing trade a portion of my portfolio.

what do you folks think about being short-term overweight in one security --- also any comments on Sasol?

Welcome to the forum!

My 2 cents

It is risky and I would limit myself to no more than ~5% of my portfolio.

DD

Welcome, I think it's great as long as the stock is going up.

thanks, that is very similar to my analysis

on deeper level, I was trying to gauge the interaction between oil prices, the Rand, growth in South Africa, South Africa's invitation to be a BRIC country, expansion of coal to gas technology, and demand for synthetic fuels

regardless of all that, you are correct ... it's a great investment only if the stock keeps going up

I really don't have a better answer for you. You'll find that most of the folks on this forum do indexing, makes the whole process easier.

I really don't have a better answer for you. You'll find that most of the folks on this forum do indexing, makes the whole process easier.

thanks ... yes, I agree with low fee indexing when I am not actively attending to the market

it takes a lot of work and a lot of luck to beat the market

You do any real estate investing?

my only real estate is my work-in-progress home in Hawaii that I bought ten years ago

I am in my forties, middle class with an average size retirement plan, I am hoping to retire mid-fifties

I am open to anything and willing to add a REIT to my portfolio if I had some confidence in it

Back
Top Bottom