Stock Picking ("Beat Boho") Contest

If this will be more than a year then you definitely have to be the one at the controls because I don't want to commit to sticking around that long. And those who are in it to win will be more likely to lose interest as they fall further behind the leaders.

If this will be more than a year then you definitely have to be the one at the controls because I don't want to commit to sticking around that long. And those who are in it to win will be more likely to lose interest as they fall further behind the leaders.

Went to HowTheMarketWorks. No public leader board either (have to register to view) and the interface seems clunky to me. So, I think Investopdia should be fine.

Guess I'll have to go back to posting updates every once in awhile like I originally planned on Simvest. Or I suppose folks who just want to be a spectator can register and not trade but still sign on to see who's up and who's down.

I don't mind creating the contest as I'll be around for over a year. I think folks can quit anytime so if they lose interest, that's no problem. No requirement to stick it out.

What commission fees do we want then if the default ones are too high? Give some numbers :).

Last edited:
What commission fees do we want then if the default ones are too high? Give some numbers :).

On Feb. 28 there were articles on Fidelity and Schwab cutting fees to $4.95. That seems about right.

On Feb. 28 there were articles on Fidelity and Schwab cutting fees to $4.95. That seems about right.

I'll use $4.95 or $5 for the fees then.

Hope to have a contest created in a few hours.

NW-Bound -- didn't see your same mention until just now.

Last edited:
I know we abandoned this but I left my investment in it the same and Fermion is headed to the top. That is biotech. It kicks you in the nuts then lifts you to the clouds.

A way to make the contest work on this Simvest is for someone to start a new contest as a teacher and to review everyone's trades to make sure the prices are correct, but it's too much trouble.

So is this one over? LOL LOL I still check it daily....... Let me know.........

Note how Fermion is headed to the very top. Even though we are not trading in this contest anymore, I left the investments the same.

Biotech roller coaster

Back
Top Bottom