Thinking about putting some $$$ into Vanguard Total Bond Market Index (bad timing?)

wilkens21

Recycles dryer sheets
trying to diversify my non-retirement assets and looking at VBMFX...very hesitant because i'm guessing interest rates are gonna go up and we know what that does to bond prices.

btw the guy who runs the PIMCO total return fund (biggest bond fund) is quite bearish about bonds in this week's Business Week magazine, due to what I mentioned above as well.

Could use some thoughts on this as it's so hard to find the "right" time to jump on in...

trying to diversify my non-retirement assets and looking at VBMFX...very hesitant because i'm guessing interest rates are gonna go up and we know what that does to bond prices.

btw the guy who runs the PIMCO total return fund (biggest bond fund) is quite bearish about bonds in this week's Business Week magazine, due to what I mentioned above as well.

Could use some thoughts on this as it's so hard to find the "right" time to jump on in...

Can't be bad timing if you believe in the I don't believe in timing idea.

Ha

Bottom line: If you need bonds to reach your long-term goals, grab those bonds. Sure bond TR will go down. They will also go back up again.

Market timing is generally a losers game. I try not to play that game.

Back
Top Bottom