TRGL: Toreador Resources Corp

semtex

Recycles dryer sheets
I am buying TRGL recently.

1. heavy insider buying
2. Private placement with price at 16.67. One investor is Goldman with 5.5%.
3. Market cap 300m with cash flow 72m/annual(just with pipe line phase 1)

What do they know?

What does TRGL know that the other oil and gas exploration companies don't know?

Not that I care, just playing Devil's Advocate. I see they didn't make a dime last quarter, but in '06 they did OK.

Are you thinkin' long term or short term?

Why not Devon Energy (DVN), for instance?

-CC

Long term, at least two years.
TRGL has .3675 of a huge natural gas field at Turkey, which has the first sale last month.

I double downed my TRGL position today. Now avg is around 12.3. It broke 10, that's beyond my imagination.

I cut my loss on TRGL. On this stock, I lost big. My account would up 40%+ instead of 30% last year, all because of this stock.

I still think TRGL is a nice value play. And very possible, the worst already passed and it will hit new high in two years.

But it became a big pain for me. It caused me biggest loss in my trading life.

I leave it behind me. I try to.

Until now this year, my acct up 11%. So many cheap stocks there I want to buy, I need the TRGL capital.

Sorry, it was a bad pick.

It takes a big man to admit his mistake.

And maybe it won't be a mistake, like you say. But within your timeframe, perhaps it was.

It takes a big man to admit a mistake, it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. :)

Chalk it up to experience, ay?

-CC

I still could not figure out why it down so much, two months ago, it went mid 5. Gosh.

Just like in life, the one you love most may hurt you deepest. Diversify! :D

I don't want to second guess you, but just wondering why you sold today? Technically, it's starting to show some life now, and if it gets through $12.65, it has got some room to run.

I agree. As said, I think the worst already passed. From TA, yes, it is a double bottom. All weak hands got shaken out.

But it caused such a pain on me. Some time, I even do not want to check the account having this stock. It was my largest position and biggest loss even happened to me.

Another reason is there are so many cheap stocks on the market, I really like.
I am fully invested now.

TRGL still a good value stock. But I got burned and just want to move on.

I don't want to second guess you, but just wondering why you sold today? Technically, it's starting to show some life now, and if it gets through $12.65, it has got some room to run.

I had similar thoughts as you Art.

-CC

Yes, more salt in the wound! I'm too much of a buy-and-holder though. It'd double or triple and then the bottom may fall out before I got around to selling.

-CC

From here, TRGL has bigger potential than doubles. Good luck.

From my experience, big money should flow in smoothly and nature. TRGL was such a pain.

You know what, the wound heals fast. I have a long list to buy. Sigh, wish I have more cash at hand.

Back
Top Bottom