What did you buy Today?

rsingh6675

Recycles dryer sheets
We talk about what did you do today. I want to start a new thread asking those who are interested in buying stocks to disclose what are they buying? It could be for short term or long term? It could be stocks, mutual funds, your favorite bonds,ETF, CEF.For example today the price of FAS was down & I decided to buy 20shares for short term gains.

I made an investment in McDonald's today. A short term sausage & egg biscuit. Didn't want it to spoil.;)

I made an investment in McDonald's today. A short term sausage & egg biscuit. Didn't want it to spoil.;)

:2funny: Along the same line, I made an investment in Amazon. Bought a wedding present for my daughter. Might have been cheaper to buy out the whole company. :LOL::rolleyes:

I am making an investment in a recliner. I always wanted one and finally found one that was comfortable but not poofy.

My eneloop batteries arrived this morning from Amazon.com. Thank you, T-Al for the recommendation. I used the cash back Amazon gives me for using their credit card. So how do I record the purchase?

Today I am buying VWITX and VWSTX (muni bond funds).

I opened a Giving Account with Fidelity this morning and I am trying to figure out what steps I need to take in order to fund it.

I am shopping for a new car.

I completed step one of selling/transferring/buying process by writing on a yellow sticker: open Roth at Vanguard and have them move money out of existing IRA at another brokerage. I'm considering leaving the money in a Vanguard MM fund until the process is complete and the dust settles. There's no rush, I'm retired.:) Next step, check out their website.

Bought two large orange Hubbard Squash for the freezer, a basket of pears, one Ameraucana Banty that lays green eggs, and two bags of chicken feed.

Sold five Banty Australorp Cross chicks and four black Bantys

I also bought from Amazon . A toy school bus and a book about school buses for my favorite toddler.

Bought a lot of groceries, wine and beer for a party we're throwing for our neighbors.

Anybody can see my dog...Or have I done it wrong again?

attachment.php

Attachments

• mayo 2009 060.jpg
    mayo 2009 060.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 300
A correction---What stocks did you buy today?

When I wrote the original note, I meant to say What stocks do you want to buy or have bought today? Not what you bot from grocery store or from eBay.

I shopped for groceries at Sobeys (SBY-TSX) and toiletries at Shopper's Drug Mart (SC-TSX), both of which are already in my portfolio. Does that count?

:LOL:

I haven't bought since July. At the time I topped up my REITs (good timing there) and bought into the 20yr TIPS auction.

When I wrote the original note, I meant to say What stocks do you want to buy or have bought today? Not what you bot from grocery store or from eBay.

We're a recalcitrant group; if you title your thread, "Hey, gals, what do you think of this," of course, the guys will jump right in. You know you have a good thread going when it veers off into several directions and someone yells, "bacon."

I resisted buying a book today. Went to a book signing, waited in line to talk to the author. In his interview he said that even though he's got three good-selling books, he couldn't make a living at writing. Said the solution is "printing on demand" where the author gets a large enough cut. I wanted to know what kind of deal he got with his Kindle sales. Not good, they're Robber Barons like the hard-cover publishers. Said to go with printing on demand or buy from him right now. Good sales guy, I still feel guilty I didn't buy it right there.

I was in Uwajimaya today and was tempted to buy some hog bung, but I resisted. It wasn't on sale.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom