where are the gold threads?

I think I'd rather have goats than gold.

Even the fainting ones...

Late one night we quietly slipped a fainting goat into the hotel room of our sleeping VP of Operations. The descendants of all who were involved will be telling that story around the campfire for generations...

Yeah, and if they want to do that they need to allow free convertibility of their currency, which they have no plans of doing anytime soon. Too much of China's "economic miracle" is based on indirect export subsidies (and import tariffs) through currency manipulation to even think about the Renminbi as a reserve currency.

Much to be said for a unified system of government rather than a system focused on the Dems and Publicans tearing each other down and trying to hinder each other.

And much to be said against it. China has a largely managed economy. The prevailing wisdom on this board seems to be that even the smallest government involvement in the U.S. economy is devastatingly harmful. Yet there also seems to be a simultaneous acceptance that massive intervention by the Chinese in their economy is an advantage. Both can't be true.

China Wants Yuan to Replace the Dollar as Global Currency | Jutia Group

and, ahem, from the "Gold Speculator", so you know it's unbiased:

China wants new one-world currency ... IMF to save the world? - Gold Speculator

My niggling concern is that the Chinese are going to become the dominant power unless they can get all hung up in a nice expensive war that puts a sea anchor on their economy. Think they are too smart to conquer the US in a military way - just letting us defend against the attack they aren't pursuing while they build dominance in infrastructure and manufacturing. Much to be said for a unified system of government rather than a system focused on the Dems and Publicans tearing each other down and trying to hinder each other.

Maybe in 20 or 50 years. For now, China has large structural problems in its economy/society that the regime is preoccupied with managing, and that looks to remain the case for the forseeable future. In the meantime, there money to be made on the effects that China's needs and action have on the rest of the world...

And much to be said against it. China has a largely managed economy. The prevailing wisdom on this board seems to be that even the smallest government involvement in the U.S. economy is devastatingly harmful. Yet there also seems to be a simultaneous acceptance that massive intervention by the Chinese in their economy is an advantage. Both can't be true.

Actually, IMHO, neither is true...

The US govt never does anything "small" that I have ever seen. We are in the middle of a MASSIVE expansion of govt and yet folks think everything will be "hunky-dory".........

China is a COMMUNIST country.........is that a model you want us to pursue? :nonono::nonono:

Central planning has both good and bad points, I suppose. Certainly, no corporation is run "democratically"...

Late one night we quietly slipped a fainting goat into the hotel room of our sleeping VP of Operations. The descendants of all who were involved will be telling that story around the campfire for generations...

...where they will gather for a nightcap after an evening of cow-tipping.

sFun_IthinkImgoing.gif

The US govt never does anything "small" that I have ever seen. We are in the middle of a MASSIVE expansion of govt and yet folks think everything will be "hunky-dory".........

China is a COMMUNIST country.........is that a model you want us to pursue? :nonono::nonono:

Dude, you need some reading comprehension skills.

And much to be said against it. China has a largely managed economy. The prevailing wisdom on this board seems to be that even the smallest government involvement in the U.S. economy is devastatingly harmful to our constitutional form of government. Yet there also seems to be a simultaneous acceptance that massive intervention by the Chinese in their economy is an advantage. Both can't be true.

There.. fixed it for you...

But like others... I don't think either is true... yes, there are some advantages to the way China does some things... but to me the 'cost' to the people of that country is not worth the benefit... they might think differently...

Dude, you need some reading comprehension skills.

And YOU need to understand that just because someone disagrees with you, it does not make them wrong..........;):whistle:

Back
Top Bottom