Where will the market be on 12/31/08?

Bush's last laugh

Gas will be $ 1.16 AND Bush will throw the number out as his last hurrah at pelosi........

Everyone has his day sometime/////////

T minus 23 days to go...anyone want to throw some numbers out there ?
i'm not in full comprehension of the index point values or levels, so i'll pass on predicting those. my little brain understands YTD percentages better.
there is a great table of index performance data here
Index Returns
i'll keep it simple and use the M* US Broad Market Index, first row in the table.

Today is Dec 8.
M* US Broad Market Index currently stands at -39.59% YTD.
i'll be an optimist, hypothesizing that the Santa Claus (retail sector boost) and New Year's (whew, this year is finally over) effects will bring the....drum roll...crystal ball spinning...tea leaves swirling...
US Broad Market Index up to -25% YTD by market close on Dec 31, 2008.

use any index (indices) you want from the table. :D
please state today's date and your prediction for the index (indices) of your choice at market close on 31 Dec 2008.

Hmmm - the Saint's season will probably end 12/28 against the Panthers - but wait til next season! My Sister is having second thoughts about deserting the Pats(a good football team) after all those years - still thinks Brett is cute - but NEW YORK CITY!

Pssst Wellesley SEC yield will probably end the year above the mythical 4% SWR even with a year end rally.

Defense is good - although offense and the Saint's would be more fun in the playoff's and Superbowl.

Would love to say don't know don't care but I do. And the popcorn - even if microwave will be good.

'Is this a great Country or what?'

heh heh heh - :cool:

OK, my guess. Dow Jones Industrials will be at 9000 on Dec 31.

I sticking with 16,000 by Dec 31, 2013.

Hotels here in Vegas are giving great deals now. Usually they give nothing around Xmas.

Some hotels outside of town are giving free rooms just to come, as dw tells me.

Looks good to me, everything is getting cheaper. My property value went down 30% at least, but who cares, not going anywhere.

Jug

I'm getting worried. Here's the update on the corner food market that's been in the same location thru all the ups and downs since the Nixon administration. The scruffy guy who runs it is keeping shorter hours. There is some speculation on the street that he is easing into early retirement. And you know what that means for the larger markets.

I'd be "happy" if we could end the year with the DOW near 9500 and the S&P near 1000. That would nearly bring my portfolio's value back to where it was at the beginning of 2008.

"all your debased currency are mine, i pwn you"

"Indeed, in the weeks before the violence began, many Greeks had expressed outrage at the government's $35 billion in aid to the nation's lenders at a time when one out of five citizens lives below the poverty line."

The global devaluation is almost complete.

:eek:

Oxnard, Ca real estate down 30.9%

Dow 7800
Euro 2.10
Gas 5.25
Unemployment 10%
20 year $400,000 mortgage 7% with 20% down.
Residential real estate down 30% in California and other overpriced markets.

Riots in some cities.

Big push to sieze all firearms.

Oxnard, Ca real estate down 30.9%

I also noticed that the news is silent on pretty much everything else that's happening in Iceland. :D

I was in Iceland about 10 years ago - they have/had incredible natural resources - hot springs/geothermal that heats huge portions of the country for near free. And huge fishing reserves.

How 300,000 people with that resource abundance can run up national debt to multiples of GDP is boggling to me.

Makes USA look frugal and prudent.....

I was in Iceland about 10 years ago - they have/had incredible natural resources - hot springs/geothermal that heats huge portions of the country for near free. And huge fishing reserves.

How 300,000 people with that resource abundance can run up national debt to multiples of GDP is boggling to me.

Makes USA look frugal and prudent.....
Yep, that's a very good point. Energy is a huge part of the economy and cost of living. If you're sitting on vast quantities that's just exuding from the ground you'd think you'd have a big leg up on things, eh? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom