ACA for the mobile retiree

Refresher

Recycles dryer sheets
Nomads, RVers, International Travelers, I am looking to do some of all three.
I will give up my apartment in Florida and search for a place that will satisfy the domicile requirements for Obamacare while I move around.
Maybe there is an RV park that will suffice as an acceptable address if one spends x amount of nites there in an RV or a car.
Or maybe buying a cheap trailer with low lot rent(that's an address). Maybe a group is looking for 5 partners to buy something cheap everyone can use for vehicle storage and private possessions. Or just approach a mobile home owner and offer to rent his small room to keep your stuff and a sleeping bag and a parking spot.
Any ideas? Prefer Florida

You might start your odyssey by Googling "RV Forums" and reading information on full time RV'ing.

There are mail services in Florida, Texas and South Dakota that RV'ers use for their legal addresses for paying income taxes and getting healthcare. When they stay in one place for awhile, mail will be forwarded to them.

Most travelers will have drivers licenses, license plates and car insurance in those states. This means they may have to physically visit those states from time to time to deal with business.

If you need storage for your stuff, rent a storage space.

When we were in the service, I ask the base lawyer about 'What constitutes State residency?"

He answered that there was not 'National Residency Requirements'. Each state set there own. He said that getting a drivers licences, registering to vote, buying property were all methods of establishing residency.

Back
Top Bottom