Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be spending a few weeks in Chautauqua County New York . I rented a cabin on a lake and will be taking care of my grandson while his Mom takes care of his new baby brother . We will swim ,fish ,boat and have daiy visits to the playground . I will be totally exhausted but happy when I return.

I will be spending a few weeks in Chautauqua County New York . I rented a cabin on a lake and will be taking care of my grandson while his Mom takes care of his new baby brother . We will swim ,fish ,boat and have daiy visits to the playground . I will be totally exhausted but happy when I return.

Congratulations on your new grandson and have fun with your other one! I can't wait to be with our granddaughter again.

DW and I just got back from a 10 day tour of Costa Rica. Wonderful vacation and a great tour co. Costa Rica is an amazing country. Can't wait to go back.

This probably doesn't appeal to anyone but me, but in May I'm going with my sister-in-law and nephew to Disney World so my nephew can go to Star Wars Weekend. He's in college in film, so he can go to all the events, while my SIL and I relax and hang out.:)

This probably doesn't appeal to anyone but me, but in May I'm going with my sister-in-law and nephew to Disney World so my nephew can go to Star Wars Weekend. He's in college in film, so he can go to all the events, while my SIL and I relax and hang out.:)

I always enjoy Disney world . Of course it's a two hour drive for me and they offer special rates to Florida residents .

I have been to Disney World several times and I always enjoy it. Went to Disneyland this past summer with 3 year old granddaughter and it is great to see things through her eyes. We plan to take her to Disney World one of these years.

Me daughter and I are planning a trip to Disneyland with our 5 grandchildren again. I love going with them so much. I've always gone at least once a year since i was young, because my dad worked as an animator on Bambi and Fantasia in the 40's, before he joined the Army in WWII. He was an artist the rest of his life, but still respected Disney. So my brothers and I enjoy going to the parks and seeing each other once a year at the same time.

If anyone traveling gets frustrated about airline policies and the no perks conditions these days, watch this video for a good laugh before you fly. ;)

"No Frills Airline" starring Carol Burnett, Harvey Korman, and Tim Conway

"From my office" :cool: ...

Regardless of the location (be it anywhere in the world), that's a view I would never want to see again :facepalm:

I think it is pretty sweet getting paid to stare out the window at the young coeds sunning on the balconies at the apartment complex on the other side of the parking lot. Now where are my binoculars... :D

#notapeeper

I'm going to bali in 2 months, trip was cancelled due to tsunami (was scared to go back), but now I'm finally going!

No and yes. Being a teacher I have always had to travel during 'prime time'. So my first summer will be spent at home enjoying a wonderful Summer in my local area. Then in the Fall, a trip to see some Fall colors. The Spring may see me somewhere near the Mediterranean. No more HOT Summer vacations for me.

DW will test out her new titanium hip joints in June when we take a tour that covers Mount Rushmore, Little Big Horn, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons with Snake River float trip, Oregon Trail and Salt Lake City. We will be travelling with my sister and brother-in-law. Should be beautiful scenery and good company. Looking forward to it.

We are taking our lives into our hands and going on a 5-night Carnival Cruise out of Port Canaveral next week. It's Spring Break for the elementary school kids I babysit so DH and I decided Wed we should go somewhere. Many college kids are also on Spring Break so it should be interesting on the boat.

We haven't cruised for about 14 years and our other 3 cruises were 7-night cruises on RCCL. We figure we will have the boat to ourselves if we are out and about before noon!

It's nice to be able to drive to the port (from Tampa area) and not have to fly. We found parking for $5 a day at the Canaveral Radisson so the whole trip will be quite economical if we don't do too much drinking on the boat.

Last edited:
Taking the Amtrak Coast Starlight from Northern California to Vancouver, BC. sometime in late April. First time on the train, I usually drive up.

Will spend a week there before returning the same way.

I hear the scenery is spectacular, so it should be a relaxing and fun trip.

If anyone traveling gets frustrated about airline policies and the no perks conditions these days, watch this video for a good laugh before you fly. ;)

"No Frills Airline" starring Carol Burnett, Harvey Korman, and Tim Conway

:LOL:

Last year we lived in Yorkshire for 7 months and flew on the local airline there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom