Cheap Airline Tickets / August

Breedlove

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Headed to Amsterdam then on for 3 weeks A/F 607.00 RT August , first 3 weeks

Come along to Melo Mellow

Did you get channeled to a 3rd party for international on cheap tickets? I ended up going directly to SAS to go to Prague in May. Great service $921 RT. I tried to get tickets on Kayak and cheap tickets and they said India becomes customer service in those websites.

The pricing from SFO to Milan is very cheap. We booked British Air for September multi-city into Milan and out of Rome for $890. That included assigned seats. In previous years flights to Europe were easily $1400.

Round trip into Rome I have seen for $430 before paying for seat assignments.

How/where are you finding the great deals?

I'm shopping for flights to/from Germany (Frankfurt or Dusseldof in Mar/Apr...and haven't found any deals yet. Was hoping for an off-season cheapo fare.

omni

We booked flights from BNA-BOS and from BOS-MAD. Returning CDG-BOS-BNA. $500 each round trip 5/25-6/9/2019. The big N.A. legacy carriers were wanting $1700 round trip.

Now I read Norwegian Air Shuttle is in serious cash crunch and needs to find a partner or someone to buy them. I just hope we don't have to make alternative arrangements.

Airlines like Norwegian Air Shuttle and WOW Airlines have kept the prices down for the past few years to where it's affordable to visit Europe. I can see some of the legacy U.S. carriers getting a little more competitive on popular routes--as mentioned above from the West Coast. Without some budget airline competition, airfares would be expected to increase tremendously.

How/where are you finding the great deals?

I'm shopping for flights to/from Germany (Frankfurt or Dusseldof in Mar/Apr...and haven't found any deals yet. Was hoping for an off-season cheapo fare.

omni

Omni

I don't know where you is at. So I used OHare to FRA in Google flights. If you want to lay at Istanbul (don't go to the Saudi consulate!) it's $635 RT. Otherwise $1035 nonstop. This was in April 4-22

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en#flt=ORD.FRA.2019-04-08*FRA.ORD.2019-04-22;c:USD;e:1;sd:1;t:f

Or about $2500 in Business (10 or 11 hours flight time)

Decided I don't like multiple airlines. Luggage lost, text messaging get confusing, change of departure/arrival times. Plus, if one airline arrives late and detained catching next flight, could be stuck without a hotel benefit. When traveling with one airline, they take responsibility for problems. Kayak is fine within U.S., but booking international you get shifted to a 3rd party with horrible customer service.

Decided I don't like multiple airlines. Luggage lost, text messaging get confusing, change of departure/arrival times. Plus, if one airline arrives late and detained catching next flight, could be stuck without a hotel benefit. When traveling with one airline, they take responsibility for problems. Kayak is fine within U.S., but booking international you get shifted to a 3rd party with horrible customer service.

I seem to recall reading that it is best to book with one airline. We have never booked with 2 airlines for a single destination. I suppose if there is plenty of layover time then making the flight connection is low risk, especially so if doing only carry ons.

Back
Top Bottom