Class C RV type: Jayco greyhawk 29MVP vs Fleetwood Jamboree 31u

PERSonalTime

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anyone own one of these two types of RV units? If so, please tell me how you like it. What are the pros and cons of your rig?

I don't own either, but I have spent a lot of time shopping them. I've found the Greyhawk to usually be one of the best built class Cs. Unless there has been a recent change, they most often come with leveling jacks, usually unheard of on a class C unless you have them put on after market. We also like the Winnebagos. Also well built and some do come with the levelers.

I just returned from a weekend in my Grand Design fifth wheel trailer. Fifth wheels are big and roomy--sitting in one place. Motor homes are great to travel in from place to place, and you can tow another vehicle behind them.

Class Cs are on a van based 1 ton chassis. They are close to the gas powered Class As in price but not nearly as roomy. But Class Cs are easier to live with and easier to drive.

I suggest first buying a good, clean low mile Class C RV at a fair price--as a starter unit. If you take to the lifestyle, you can later trade up. If not, you can sell it without getting hurt too bad. Going into RVs requires a commitment. Some couples take right to it, and some don't.

RVTrader.com is a great place to look--filtering it by miles and type of RV.

Many clean units are out there due to elderly owners. And many die leaving the wives afraid to continue the lifestyle alone.

What Rambler said.

Note also there is a significant difference in warranty (assuming you are buying new). Fleetwood is 12mo/15,000 miles and Jayco is 24mo/24,000 miles.

What Rambler said.

Note also there is a significant difference in warranty (assuming you are buying new). Fleetwood is 12mo/15,000 miles and Jayco is 24mo/24,000 miles.
Yes I did know that. Thanks. How did you become aware of that fact regarding the warranty difference?

Back
Top Bottom