Florida Vacation

Marita40

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I will be doing some work in Tampa next month, and have decided to build a week's vacation around that visit. I'm afraid I don't know much about Florida at all. I'm not interested in Disneyworld. I'm thinking that a relaxing time on the beach sounds right, along with some nature hikes, boat rides, or the like. Any recommendations?

Clearwater beach is close-by and is a very popular beach with good restaurants and shopping. Just north of there you can visit Honeymoon Island and take a ferry ride to a private beach at Caladesi Island, a great place to soak up the sun and read a book. If you like to bicycle there is the Piellas trail, a paved 37 mile bike trail - there are many bike shops that do day rentals on a variety of bikes. Dunedin has some good drinking dives after sundown. If you are a bird watcher, Seminole has a nature park right on Boca Ciega Bay with a huge tower to take in the panorama. St John's Pass at Madeira Beach is also a good place for boat tours, deep sea fishing and the like.

I'm headed there soon too so your ideas are very timely for me as well. Thanks for the great ideas, heeyy_joe!

A few suggestions. Swim with manatees in Crystal River, tour the Yulee sugar mill near Homosassa Springs, glass bottom boat rides in Weeki Wachee and finally, go for a tandem skydive in Zephyrhills. Well, maybe scratch that last one !!

Also, there are many good seafood restaurants all along the coast as you explore.

OHHH, I'm psyched already. Wonderful suggestions and I will explore them all! Of course everything sounds good while still in the throes of a lingering MN winter. Thanks!

Since you are not interested in Disneyworld, you may not be interested in Busch Gardens either. But it can be a very fun day in Tampa seeing all the animals and riding the rides.

Back
Top Bottom