Food ratings by country

I've also had chicken (well ... actually rooster) balls. Not something I would drive far for ... :nonono:
Surprisingly large aren't they? They must easily best most other living creatures in ball to body mass ratio.

Surprisingly large aren't they? They must easily best most other living creatures in ball to body mass ratio.
Hadn't thought of that, but yes they (roosters) are quite endowed in the testicular area. However, I don't have a lot of comparisons to model against :whistle:.
...how do we get onto these subjects anyway :angel:

1) southern France
2) japan for small ma and pa stands/cafe like places that specialize on some specific dish (like yakatori, noodles, octopus balls)

I had no idea that octupuses even had balls.

Ha

Oh, oh, I see somebody got the "ball" rolling. I wonder if it the chicken balls are going to snow ball into octopus balls and stop or ball into something bigger.

In all seriousness, I stayed in Germany for a few weeks. The breakfasts in the hotel were rocking with a lot of variety, but the dinners consisted of a lot of game. I have never had so much venison in my life. :)

I'm not a big fan of the gamier meets. I think we once had reindeer served to us on FinnAir - if it wasn't reindeer it was horse which is a possibility as the flight was going from Paris to Helsinki.

Heh the Cajun restaurant I frequent here in Arizona is run by a Vietnamese family.
Hey - one time I went into a Vietnamese grocery to ask for the coffee that they use to make that drip Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk (what a sin!) and the grocery came out with a can of "Cafe du Monde" ground coffee with chicory!

Audrey

Resistance is futile - The American cheeseburger will conquer the World.

The jury is still out on cherry coke though.

heh heh heh - :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: And they said rock and roll would never last.

Depending on where the snow/rain settles - white Christmas north of Kansas City. Ham, Turkey - or or or BBQ'd beef? Can't get cheeseburgers off the brain. :nonono: :blush:.

:greetings10:
Hey - one time I went into a Vietnamese grocery to ask for the coffee that they use to make that drip Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk (what a sin!) and the grocery came out with a can of "Cafe du Monde" ground coffee with chicory!

Audrey
I get my Cafe du Monde ground coffee at the local SE Asian grocery store too.

Doc's office called - 208 on the chloresterol.

Went out bought a box of Zatarain's, some flash frozen 21-30 count shrimp, a few russet potatoes for fries, and Criso oil - fired up the old Euro-pro deep fat fryer and ate good.

I did drink some V-8 V-Fusion Light on the rocks - you know for the veggies and fruit.

heh heh heh - to borrow from a frequent poster on this forum. 'Eat what you want and die like a man.' No Puffer fish or exotic stuff for me - I plan on croaking the old fashioned way. :D

UncleMick, maybe your doctor can prescribe a cholesterol med that will bring yours down to where he wants. (Or is 208 low enough?) I, for one, would hate to see you "die like a man" earlier than you need to! You add a lot to our discussions.

UncleMick, maybe your doctor can prescribe a cholesterol med that will bring yours down to where he wants. (Or is 208 low enough?) I, for one, would hate to see you "die like a man" earlier than you need to! You add a lot to our discussions.

Believe or not he thinks that's ok - he went to High School in Metaire. I would rather get below the 160-180 range I ran when I lived in New Orleans and ate New Orleans food. ??More Garlic/Onion/Italian?

heh heh heh - :cool: Just checked Community, French Market as well as Cafe Du Monde still make Chicory blends. We used Community Blue (reg) and Community Coffee and Chicory - two separate pots at the fish camp when I lived there. :greetings10:

Believe or not he thinks that's ok - he went to High School in Metaire.

GREAT! Glad to hear it.

unclemick said:
I would rather get below the 160-180 range I ran when I lived in New Orleans and ate New Orleans food. ??More Garlic/Onion/Italian?
I don't know! Mine was 250 or so, then my doc put me on meds, and now it is about 140. Can't stop eating Italian but I did that before, too.
If you miss New Orleans Italian, try http://www.salandjudys.com/index.php . They will ship. Not quite perfect but better than Ragu, y'know?

unclemick said:
heh heh heh - :cool: Just checked Community, French Market as well as Cafe Du Monde still make Chicory blends. We used Community Blue (reg) and Community Coffee and Chicory - two separate pots at the fish camp when I lived there. :greetings10:

You can get Cafe du Monde coffee online, y'know - - they'll ship it to you. Coffee & Biegnets - Cafe Dumonde Original French Market Coffee Stand

We always had Community Coffee at work, one pot chicory and other pots not, and it is good. :) My favorite coffee is Morning Call, but now I just drink half decaf, half regular and soon it will have to be all decaf if I ever want to sleep.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I stayed in Germany for a few weeks. The breakfasts in the hotel were rocking with a lot of variety, but the dinners consisted of a lot of game. I have never had so much venison in my life. :)

I like the breakfasts in Germany too. We have most of the same things here, its just not classified as breakfast food so we dont eat it in the morning.

Driving cross country from south TX to GA on I-10, had to stop for cajun before Lafayette. Went by Fezzo's and got some very early season crawfish boil - small but yum!

That made up for missing out last January due to a drought - what?!?!?! no crawfish ?!?! Whaddya mean drought in LA?!?!?! That blew my mind.

Speaking of LA Italian, our best friend from Lafayette had an Italian mother and said there was a pretty good sized Italian community. I always assumed Fezzo's was an Italian name and pronounced it "fetzo". But I was informed this time that it was "feezo", French for spool. I had never noticed a double z in French, but it's been a long time since I studied French.

Anyway - cajun - hmmmmmmm, gooooood.

Audrey

France - particularly southern France. Lyon and the surrounding area is "it" when it comes to French gastronomy...

Being that I worked in Lyon for many years (based in the U.S.) I must agree.

Lyon is recogonized in France as the #1 city for food (yes, above Paris - or "Paree" :rolleyes: ). I've spent a lot of time in both cities, and many others around the world.

Lyon for me, is the best....

DW just blessed me with "The Justin Wilson Cookbook" [how can you live without a recipe for broiled squirrel?] and Paul Prudhomme's "Fiery Foods That I Love" for Christmas!

I had a request from the male child for jambalaya for Christmas dinner. Overruled by DW, but I gonna make it on Saturday.

You know where my heart is.

Lyon is recognized in France as the #1 city for food...
Lyon for me, is the best....

We have been to Lyon as a day trip from Geneva by riding the train. I knew of it as the culinary center of France, but of course did not have time nor the courage to open the wallet to visit the restaurant by Bocuse (how many months to reserve in advance?).

Hadn't thought of that, but yes they (roosters) are quite endowed in the testicular area. However, I don't have a lot of comparisons to model against :whistle:.
...how do we get onto these subjects anyway :angel:

Testacular!

I had no idea that octupuses even had balls.

Ha

Only octopricks... :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom