Greensboro, NC First week of July 2015........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hey there:

I read the old Greensboro threads, but I have a more specific question. My 7th grade son's AAU basketball team has been invited to Nationals the week of July1-8, 2015. The head coach and I are brainstorming and trying to find events for the boys to do in their downtime.

I know Duke University is only about an hour away and we are contacting them to see if we can get a tour of the basketball facility. Any other ideas? I know there is a nice zoo, but not sure if the boys would want to do that.........:)

Thanks,

Financedude

How about a water park?
http://www.emeraldpointe.com/

No idea how this is anymore, but 15 years ago it was a great place to go.

The zoo really is nice, as the state put funds in one central zoo rather than having city zoos competing.

There's NASCAR stuff like the HOF and speedway in Charlotte, a bit over an hour away.

Out doors, Hanging Rock or Pilot Mountain might be neat, but maybe you aren't looking for strenuous activities in down time.

ACC Hall of Champions is in Greensboro. No idea if that's worthwhile.

The white water center in Charlotte (1.5 hr drive or so) has tons of activies, but with a price. usnwc.org

Where are you staying?

My boys were on a karate team for the AAU Nationals several years ago in NC around July.

The best time they had was at the hotel pool. Simple diversions with nothing to do with the competition events are sometimes the best for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom