Heading to Homosassa

Revlefty

Recycles dryer sheets
We are getting our family together in Homossassa Florida in February (just trying to escape the cold). We've rented a house where we can stay together.
I'm looking for suggestions on things to do and places to eat in the area.

Homosassa is best known for manatee watching, and the river boat rides are the best way to see them.

https://floridastateparks.org/park/Homosassa-Springs

Tarpen Springs is not far, and fun, especially if you like authentic greek food. Within an hours drive south is Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete with lots to do. East is Orlando, and the mouse would love to take your money. Lots to do...depends on what you are most interested in.

Any kayaking places around?

How about a good restaurant recommendations?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

We needed a house that was big enough to sleep eight... and was wheelchair accessible. So many of the houses that say they are accessible don't have wide enough doorways to get a motorized chair through.

My sister did the looking--from Fort Meyers all they way up to Homossassa and Spring Hill.

Any kayaking places around?
How about a good restaurant recommendations?

South of where you are, near Palm Harbor is a Honey Moon Island State Park (beach, swimming, lots of parking), which you drive to via a long spit of road and bridges, along that road is some folks that rent Kayaks.

I'm sure if you google it, you can find some closer, which you might want to do to paddle near the manatee's.

I did some SCUBA in the clear springs in that area about 35 years ago. Very nice. Snorkeling could be a good option but you will need at least a shorty wet suit to be comfortable.

I was asking because Homosassa is very rural . It does have kayaking but it lacks beaches . That area of Florida has a rocky coast . It is near Cedar Key which is a kind of funky town to visit .It has interesting shops and good seafood .

I've been interested in Cedar Key. We love beaches, but we realize that the water usually isn't warm enough to swim in. February.

We kayak fish there. Easy launch. Let me know if you need more details.

Sent from my XT1254 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Back
Top Bottom