Minnesota vacation ideas

piano88

Recycles dryer sheets
Will be traveling to Minnesota in June, spending a few days in Minneapolis area and was looking for an inn, B+B there.

Also, looking for an inn or B+B near Lake Superior for 3-4 days, boating, hiking.

I appreciate your recommendations!

Piano

Hi piano. In St. Paul (that other city across the river from Mpls) I'd recommend Cathedral Hill B&B or, for a unique experience, the Covington Inn (a floating B&B on the Mississippi). You might also like the gorgeous B&Bs in Stillwater, MN, about 1/2 hour easy drive east of St. Paul, such as Rivertown Inn or the William Sauntry Mansion. All of these places have websites.

Forgot to add: on the north shore my favorite place is the Naniboujou Lodge. Historic, lovely, unique!

Hubby and I spent 4 days in Two Harbors, MN, last Sept. and loved it. We stayed at a cabin right on Lake Superior and did a ton of hiking within an hr. of our location. Split Rock Lighthouse and Gooseberry Falls are two of the areas that come to mind that we really liked. We just stopped at the Chamber of Commerce/Visitors Center on the northside of Two Harbors and picked up brochures for the area. The extremely helpful lady at the counter helped us out alot once we told her what we were looking for.
Have fun!

To me, Itasca State Park near Bemidj is a must-see. DW and I have visited the park twice. The headwaters of the Mississippi River are in the park. You can walk across the Mississippi River. This is probably more impressive to people who live near the lower Mississippi as we do.

Back
Top Bottom