Motorhome 2017

I think we were near there. Very Nice area in May.
We stayed near Lake Toxaway at the Mountain Falls RV resort.

From there, I did a white water rafting trip on the Chattooga River.

How did you like Mountain Falls? We booked a week there this spring, for the trip from FL to OH. Also booked a week at Anchor Down (TN) & a week at lake Greenwood (SC).

Currently RV'ing in N California with our newly retired best friends in matching rigs. This is their first point-to-point-to-point RV trip, and we are enjoying showing them the ropes. We started in Point Reyes National Seashore where we left the rigs for three nights while we backpacked through the park. Since then we've visited Olema and Point Reyes, Sonoma, Healdsburg, Napa, and Santa Cruz. This is a short one for us at just two weeks, but we are in the midst or remodeling our new home and don't wish to be away any longer this summer.

Next summer, however, we are planning a six week RV trip through Utah and Colorado. Back to normal in other words!

Sounds fun, as potential buyers I would be very interested in what type of RV are you and your friends are using. What do you like best about it, and what would you change about it if you could?

DW and I attended the 2018 Houston RV Show today. We have an 11 month old, 37 foot gasoline motorhome, but we’re interested in looking at the DP’s (diesel pushers). They are a quite a bit pricier than the gasoline models like ours, but we wanted to take a look nonetheless. Had a few discussions with various salesmen that they picked the wrong week for their RV show. Many folks had a lot more disposable money a couple of weeks ago, before the market downturn. Told DW that over the last two weeks we basically lost the value of one of the high end DP’s that we viewed. Oh well. At least we still have our gas RV.

We stayed at Navarre Beach (near Pensacola) last April. Watched the Blue Angels practice twice!
Recommended!

Saw them at Airventure last year. Awesome. (Pic #1)

Next summer, however, we are planning a six week RV trip through Utah and Colorado. Back to normal in other words!

We did Utah this past Oct. - 5 Nat. Parks, 2 Nat. Monuments, 3 state parks.
(Pic #2 Bryce Canyon)

Did Colorado a couple years ago.
(Pic #3 Rocky Mtn NP)

Attachments

• IMG_2606FB.jpg
    IMG_2606FB.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9735FB.jpg
    IMG_9735FB.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1520FB.jpg
    IMG_1520FB.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
There's a very interesting thread on Class B over on bogleheads currently.

Anyone own(ed)/rented one of those?

We have a 2017 24ft travel trailer. Started our rv'ing with a 17ft travel trailer. Did a 2 month stent from Seattle to Penscola in 2015. Saw Alabama, Mississippi, all of Florida, NC then a stop to see my mom before she passed. In 2016 pick up a the new 2017 travel trailer from Ga. and made a trip up through the middle of the country. Husband hurt his back and we just came home because it wasn't fun.

Last summer we took a month and did the whole west coast. CA was pretty boring. We did find a great Marina to camp at in Stockton. People weren't so nice. Oregon was great. Oregon has such a beautiful coast and great State Parks if you go during the school year not too hard to get sites.

This year...hmm don't know where we will head next.

Kim, I would say you were in the wrong part of CA because there are many beautiful places there.

Oregon was great. Oregon has such a beautiful coast and great State Parks if you go during the school year not too hard to get sites.

:greetings10: We love to have guests but Portland Metro is full-up.

Back
Top Bottom