Post Turkey Day Discount Travel

JustNtime

Recycles dryer sheets
Seems the weeks after Thanksgiving before Christmas always seem to provide a wide variety of discount travel possibilities. DW get's a little stressed about being able to 'get ready' for Christmas when we're gone so close to it, but it is oh so hard to pass up some of those deals.
This year, we're headed to a Daytona Beach TS (no we're NOT TS owners t-u) with our son(he's not either) the Sunday after turkey for a week. Then we'll head across the state to Sarasota and a 'resort' a couple blocks from Lido Beach. A real 'coast to coast' vacation. Sunrise over the Atlantic and Sunset over the Golf on 6Dec. The last time we stayed at the Lido resort we thought we got a never to be seen again deal, but depending on the 'room' we get I think we may have just top it!
There seems to be a wide variety of excess TS inventory available for trade or 'rent' in this window. We've also taken a cruise and arepositioning cruise in this time frame at less than half price. Any other frugal travelers taking/taken advantage of this lul period? :greetings10:

This is absolutely the best time of year to visit Florida , The weather is perfect . It's not as crowded as Jan. to Apr . and the restaurants are offering deals like crazy . If you have a chance leave Lido and go to downtown Sarasota . It has lots of little cafes and shops for browsing and Saturday mornings it has a huge farmer's market .

This is absolutely the best time of year to visit Florida , The weather is perfect . It's not as crowded as Jan. to Apr . and the restaurants are offering deals like crazy . If you have a chance leave Lido and go to downtown Sarasota . It has lots of little cafes and shops for browsing and Saturday mornings it has a huge farmer's market .
Thanks Moemg...
It is my favorite time by far!
Drat - Saturday is the only day we won't be there.
DW's Sis is up in Bradenton, so we''ll be doing some catching up & shuttling. But we'll definitely do the downtown browse, if we can work it in to our busy beach strolling schedule. Any special restaurants you'd recommend?:flowers:

Thanks Moemg...
It is my favorite time by far!
Drat - Saturday is the only day we won't be there.
DW's Sis is up in Bradenton, so we''ll be doing some catching up & shuttling. But we'll definitely do the downtown browse, if we can work it in to our busy beach strolling schedule. Any special restaurants you'd recommend?:flowers:

If you like Mexican "Two Senoritas " is nice . Otherwise just walk and browse .The menus are posted outside the restaurants .

If you like Mexican "Two Senoritas " is nice . Otherwise just walk and browse .The menus are posted outside the restaurants .
Thank you - Thank you - Thank you -- My favorite actually!
Hope they'll serve DW and I, since I doubt she's going to be real keen on me taking a couple senoritas to dinner instead of her.;)

Believe it or NOT -- Man does NOT live on Mexican alone -- DW likes good seafood when we can get it too -- Perhaps you have a favorite seafood place you'd recommend? - There must be alot of them down there - Thanks again - I can't wait to be there. :cool:

Barnacle's Bills is in that same area in case your wife wins on the seafood issue . The restaurants in the touristy areas are all overpriced once you get away from the beach the deals are great . Our favorite place is in Bradenton "The Anna Maria Oyster Bar " . The prices can not be beat ,the food is good and the drinks are cheap especially if you get there before six .

:flowers:Thanks again - we'll probably try them all and both win! They both have multiple locations according to their websites - does it matter which we choose?

Last(First) time we were there we wondered the St. Armond? Circle one evening looking at all the menus as we passed a vast array of touristy places... IT will be good to have some insights this time rather than using the eeny-meeny approach.

I read Yoder's was also good for 'regular' food...

We were considering a visit to the botanical gardens, but aren't sure Dec is the best time of year for that. Last time we did the 'zoo' & the freebee Ringling Art museum thing, besides our obligatory visits, flea market, and orchard stops. We drove by the 'Kissy Sailor' statues, but never stopped to see what was there. I'm sure 5 nights is NOT enough time. OH well, I'm sure we'll be back....:cool:

. We drove by the 'Kissy Sailor' statues, but never stopped to see what was there. I'm sure 5 nights is NOT enough time. OH well, I'm sure we'll be back....:cool:

Behind the kissy statue is a boat that does tours . There are usually discount coupons in the tourist books . There is also a little Tiki type bar ,restaurant back there . You can also go from Lido Beach to Longboat key and end on historic Bridge st. on Anna Maria Island . Lots of little shops and across from the Beach House restaurant which is on the beach and offers a great view.

Enjoyed the 'two senoritas' ! Very good fajitas and margaritas at rolled back prices!

Thanks Moemg !

Back
Top Bottom