Rental Car Lesson

I am a member of Hertz' old Gold Club plus I get a fleet discount from my old Megacorp asks fleet user. I always compare the Hertz rate to the Autoeurope rate.

Often you can join a rental company's frequent center program for free and get rate discounts--even internationally.

I am a member of Hertz' old Gold Club plus I get a fleet discount from my old Megacorp asks fleet user. I always compare the Hertz rate to the Autoeurope rate.

Often you can join a rental company's frequent center program for free and get rate discounts--even internationally.

I'm also a member of Hertz gold. In this case, my Hertz Gold membership offered me a price much higher than what I got from Hertz with a AAA discount. They never even asked for my AAA number on check in.

Not sure why that happened but AAA got me an extra $200 month less (for 3 months) vs the Gold price. Go figure.

Update:
As I posted on January 4th, in frustration I asked to speak to a supervisor at Budget Rent a Car. I was informed that "...there are no supervisors available right now but give us a contact number and supervisor will call when one becomes available...".

They must have some very, very, very busy supervisors because lo and behold, 25 days later I got a call. I politely told him that I wasn't able to talk because I was driving in my Hertz rental right now. Then I hung up on him. I'm sure he didn't care.

I know I sound like an old man but "What a way to run a company!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom