Seattle-Victoria trip in July, suggestions?

What is the attraction of Port Townsend? I'm looking at a Seattle based trip in June 2017 (running a race 50 miles east of there) and trying to decide what else to do. I was thinking a day or so on San Juan Island, and maybe Bellingham. I'm less interested in city things in Seattle. I'm remembering how much I liked Butchart Gardens so maybe I'd go back.
Port Townsend is an upper middle class retirement destination for artsy/classical music loving/educated Seattleites. If they have the money to retire in the San Juans, but still do not hate other people, maybe they go to Port Townsend.

The appeal of PA escapes me, lots of hard drugs etc. It is a fairly cheap place to live, which Port Townsend is not.

From my POV, all of it sucks if one ever wants to or needs to get to Seattle.

Hard in winter, when it isn't stormy. Impossible when it is. In summer? Storms no problem, but waiting forever to get on a ferry is.

No worries about encountering Republicans or Trump voters in Post Townsend. Might find them farther down the road in PA.

Ha

Last edited:
If you're going up to the mid island or across to the west coast, it's always fun to stop in Coombs and go to this place..

Goats on the Roof
Coombs Old Country Market

Back
Top Bottom