Shore Excursion through Viator?

Frugalityisthenewblack

Recycles dryer sheets
Has anyone booked a shore excursion through viator? I am looking to book two shore excursions one in Ochos Rio (grotto cave tour), one in the Cayman Islands (bus tour), both are discounted compared wih similar tours offered by the cruise line.
With a 7% discount now offered I can get both tours for two for only $135, but I haven't booked.
They say on the website if you miss your sailing they will arrange transport to your next port.
Anyone done these?

Well, I've booked with them, I will update the forum after my experience with a review. The 7% booking discount on top of a 25 $ pp discount for the Jamiaca excursion was a good price. Total $132.51 for two people for excursions on two different islands, so I hope the experience is comparable to the more expensive ones offered throught the tour company. I booked early to get the "Early Saver Discount" for the Carnival cruise with the guaranteed price assurance. I usually roll my eyes at such "guarantees" as there is usually some stipulation in the fine print that prevents a price drop refund. But the price dropped 40$ and the quick online refund request was processed and I know have an added 40$ dollar credit!
So my 5 night cruise ---balcony room thus far with shore excursions, taxes and prepaid gratuities is $1330 for two people. That is 265$ a day so I think I found a frugal cruise option.

I usually go to Cruise Critic and check out the destination sites .There are usually reviews for the various tour companies.By the way on Cruise Critic in the Carnival board there is a discount number for their tour excursions for a 10% discount .The discount code is BG001 . The last few times we have cruised we've done private excursions .They are so much better than the ship cattle car trips.

Last edited:
I have never done a shore excurison before. Just before our trip to Mexico on a Carnival cruise there was a news item that a Carnival shore excursion to Mexico had been been robbed by bold thieves who took the passengers money/passports. We were actually weary and the thought of having the deck/pool to ourselves (practically) appealled to us, so we didn't book a shore excursion and had a great afternoon poolside onboard! When we stopped at Key West we enjoyed our visit there, but we didn't book any organized tour. I'm looking forward to the organized shore excursion!

Frugalityisthenewblack said:
Has anyone booked a shore excursion through viator? I am looking to book two shore excursions one in Ochos Rio (grotto cave tour), one in the Cayman Islands (bus tour), both are discounted compared wih similar tours offered by the cruise line.
With a 7% discount now offered I can get both tours for two for only $135, but I haven't booked.
They say on the website if you miss your sailing they will arrange transport to your next port.
Anyone done these?

I used Viator for a bus tour. They seem to be an aggregator - other companies deliver the services. We enjoyed our tour, and the Viator reviews were pretty accurate.

Back
Top Bottom