South Lake Tahoe - early April

youbet

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DW wants to go visit relatives in the South lake Tahoe area this spring. I believe her spring break is the first week of April. Can anyone comment on what the weather would be like and what activities are available that time of year?

We'd fly into Reno from Chicago, rent a car and drive over from there.

Hopefully plenty of snow and beautiful sunny days for spring skiing! Bring your sun screen. There is an airport at South Lake Tahoe.

DW wants to go visit relatives in the South lake Tahoe area this spring. I believe her spring break is the first week of April. Can anyone comment on what the weather would be like and what activities are available that time of year?

We'd fly into Reno from Chicago, rent a car and drive over from there.

We still have snow that time of the year. Quite a few of the resorts stay open. You can gamble on the Nevada side if thats your thing. Some good dining options. We enjoy Cafe Fiore if you like Italian. I enjoy taking our guests to the Tallac Historical site. In April Im not sure if its open. If you go visit that take the time to eat at The Beacon Bar and Grill. It sits right on the lake and has a great view. There are also boats that go out on the lake.

Thanks for the responses. Since DW and I don't ski (prefer hiking, paddling, fishing, etc.) it looks like we should try to plan the visit for summer or early autumn.

That leaves us still trying to find something to do on her spring break...... Two outdoor loving geezers that would love to escape the snow for a few days but don't like crowds.......

Thanks for the responses. Since DW and I don't ski (prefer hiking, paddling, fishing, etc.) it looks like we should try to plan the visit for summer or early autumn.

That leaves us still trying to find something to do on her spring break...... Two outdoor loving geezers that would love to escape the snow for a few days but don't like crowds.......

Yeah I dont like the place in the winter :D Summer its amazing. Wish it stayed that way all year.

Tahoe

Fly into reno and drive over, it is only about a 30 min. drive. I don't think the snow is too good this year. we will be in the area in feb. and will give you an update on the weather and all if you like. there is always lots to do in and around tahoe. don't forget nevada is just a few steps away.

Fly into reno and drive over, it is only about a 30 min. drive. I don't think the snow is too good this year. we will be in the area in feb. and will give you an update on the weather and all if you like. there is always lots to do in and around tahoe. don't forget nevada is just a few steps away.

I have 4 ft of snow around my house. Last I looked all of the resorts are all open. :)

April is my favorite time of year there. It's not crowded, just peaceful and lovely. I don't recommend betting on good skiing though. Fishing, hiking etc. are your best bets.

Each year it depends - I've had awesome skiing snow in April and no snow - as for driving form Reno - that will work with no snow - with snow, it could get a bit difficult going uphill.

April in AZ is awesome - best weather, lots of hiking, still spring-like - you might enjoy Tucson and the hiking through Sabino Canyon. Bridal Veil Falls or drive to Bisbee (I used to fly there).

Back
Top Bottom