This is for you RV'ers on the board!

amy5708

Recycles dryer sheets
This was a recent post on my blog, but thought I'd post a copy here, since so many desire to travel when ER. I would love to go on an RV trip around Europe when the girls are grown and after we travel the US and Canada:

One of the reasons we RV is related to cleanliness. Do you remember the news story about the bed bugs in the swanky NY hotel room? Have you ever seen a mattress? How many times do you think that blanket or comfortor gets washed?

When we go on a trip with the camper, I know who has used the bed, toilet, and kitchen, and I also know when they were cleaned last.
You should see these videos.

Was Your Hotel Room a Meth Lab?
Don’t drink from Hotel Glasses

I love having my own bathroom, bed, and kitchen when on the road. I know it’s clean (or not!), and know the only bugs we will be catching are the ones the girls collect in jars when playing outside.

Ciao,
Amy

I read the rv.net forums quite a bit and have noticed most of the RVers mention this issue as being a major advantage when traveling in their "house on wheels". I've traveled quite a bit myself, both RV and motel, and it is nice to know exactly what happened on that bed recently (hee hee!)

For about 14 years in a row I was at a two-week conference near Orlando every year teaching computer forensics. One guy ruined everyone's hotel stay by bringing a bottle of Luminol and a UV light. The Luminol is a chemical that reacts with proteins and/or amino acids (I flunked chemistry, but I think that's how it works) and fluoresces under the UV light.

The results in all the hotel rooms checked grossed everyone out, and this is one reason I want a travel trailer for trips.

I would love to travel by RV. What I hate the most when traveling is being away from my stuff. I know it sounds silly because most people travel to get AWAY but I often joke that I would love to travel if my house was on wheel and I could take it with me everywhere I went (oh wait, it's called a RV!). But my wife does not want to hear a word of it...

It is also a bit more healthier traveling in an RV - you can eat better and step outside for a little exercise.

Most hotels have fitness rooms now. That is if you can stand putting up with a few germs ;)

I usually travel for a month per year and have always dreamed of a camper of some kind but unfortunately these gas guzzling behemoths are way out of my financial comfort zone so i usually tent and motel on my trips and after 50yrs i've never had a problem with motels.

It is also a bit more healthier traveling in an RV - you can eat better and step outside for a little exercise.

Didn't Elliot Spitzer just show us that indeed you can eat well and get exercise at a hotel? Probably be less expensive in an RV though.......

Back
Top Bottom