Travel club presentation scam

edteach

Dryer sheet wannabe
I have attended many time share and travel club sales presentations. I know what I am going into and I know I will not buy but I also know I will get the tickets or cash that I was promised.
The Travel club scam is not working a new angle that is a rip off scam.
They promise you free round trip airline tickets if you attend and a two night stay in any Merriot hotel. Once you go through the high pressure sales presentation you get a voucher.
You then log on to their web sight and you get a choice of three nights at a Merriot, free Air round trip tickets ect. The catch is you have to pay 80 dollars to get the voucher validated then there are taxes and other fees, and for the two night stay you have to give them an extra 59 dollars for a deposit that you supposedly get back. Its a rip off and I doubt you would get your deposit back. I also think they want people to just walk away because its so convoluted, that they get your time for free.

DO NOT GO TO THE PRESENTATION FOR FREE AIR LINE TICKETS. Its a rip off. I have never bought and its only a Google click away from seeing how many people are disgusted with the product once they buy, but this is not what this post is about. I never buy but have gotten some small gift as compensation for listening to the bloated bluster about how cheep their product is and how much it will save you, much like wow you will sell me cigarettes how cheap? I can't afford not to smoke.

This is a post about how you will get nothing but a bigger rip off for your gift. I was inclined to think this was what I was going to get, some scam that would ask for money to get a gift, [for 10 dollars I can have anything in between the erasers and chickletts.] It was not far from my home and it was gong to the area anyway so I have lost 90 mins. Now I know and I hope this stops others from wasting their time on a scam.

Thanks for the "heads up"! And sorry to hear that you wasted so much of your time.

I fell for something similar about 10 years ago. :facepalm: I don't remember all of the [-]sordid [/-]details other I did not attend any presentation but, instead, received a notice of some type. I sent $100 to an address in Florida for the "supposed" airline and travel vouchers. Never heard any more from them. I followed up with a letter or two...but they did not respond. Lesson learned.

omni

One good thing about attending a "financial seminar" that includes a meal is that once it's over you eat the free meal and they can't scam you out of that as long as you decline to take advantage of the complementary office visit later on.

As Scott Burns once said, "Enjoy the free meal, but don't drink the kool-aid."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom