Travel distance (to/from): good site

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm always trying to find the distance from one city to another and often have problems finding the information; however, I found this site which seems pretty decent:

travelmath.com

If anyone has any other sites that are better for distance estimation, I wish you would share it with us. I can't be the only one interested in this.:cool:

Nice! That's quicker than Google maps though it looks to be the same thing. also show route mileage is based on, offers driving distance or time, flight ditto, fuel cost, nearest airport... Good site!

You're welcome, Moemg. I just lucked into this by accident this morning, but it looked decent.
I surely hope some of our traveling members have even a better site for us...:greetings10:

I almost always use Google Maps to plan out my trips. You can search for what's near by...hotels, restaurant, etc. and see reviews of those place (although I normally use TripAdvisor for reviews). Google Maps also shows routes, distances, and drive times.

Plus you can add multiple destinations....such as what we're doing on our trip to FL next week....We're taking several days to get there, stopping over night at 4 different places so we can sight-see and explore some, and also to make for leisurely driving. So I punched in our starting city followed by each of our stops along the way, and it shows the total distance and estimated travel time, as well as the distance and estimated travel time of each leg of the journey.

You can alter the default route by clicking and dragging the shown route line to a route of your own choosing and it automatically recalculates everything. If you want to switch back to the original default route, just click the 'remove' link under "Driving directions to".

It also allows you to print it all out, with or without the routing map(s).

I'm always trying to find the distance from one city to another and often have problems finding the information; however, I found this site which seems pretty decent:

travelmath.com

If anyone has any other sites that are better for distance estimation, I wish you would share it with us. I can't be the only one interested in this.:cool:

Can you post a link? Google doesn't seem to have heard of travelmath.com.

later~Never mind. Tried it again and it works. Thanks. Nice site. Easy to use.

If you are focusing solely on distances between airports this site is good:

Great Circle Mapper

It's popular among frequent fliers looking to see how they can maximize miles by adding stops while getting from point A to B.

For the rest of us, it's the way to plan stops for a round-the-world airline ticket with a limit on the number of miles than can be traveled.

travelmath.com

I use Google directions all the time to plan my routes. What I love about it is that all I have to do is give the RV park or business name and city,state of my start and destination, and google looks up the address as well as routing.

It sometimes proposes 2 or more routes and you can choose one.

The route, of course, will give the exact distance.

I use google maps and routing all the time - they are a key component of my travel planning. Google lets you create and save your own maps with waypoints on the google site and you can share them if you like.

Google Maps

Audrey

Back
Top Bottom