Weather projection sites for travel

omni550

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Getting ready for my semi-annual migration back to Michigan from SW FL.

What are some good sites/apps to keep an eye on the weather projections for the next week or so? I'm looking to see, at a glance, the entire route so I can choose the best day weather-wise to do my 'cannonball run' drive.

omni

I like weather channel app. Gives text message updates based on your phone's location. ie, "rain will begin at 7:23 and will be light"

accuweather.com and app.

Most "accurate" I've found. They get wind right usually too.

I like weather channel app. Gives text message updates based on your phone's location. ie, "rain will begin at 7:23 and will be light"

My dad (72) is angry because The Weather Channel (TV version) rarely has weather anymore. Sigh. Everyone is out and about and on their phone. :nonono:

Hey, thanks, everyone. :flowers:

These will really be handy in my travel planning.

omni

Good luck on your trip back.
Hopefully will see you again for our SW FLA get together next year.

Weather Underground gives pretty good forecasts and has over 250,000 personal weather stations reporting to it (including the one in my backyard). It was developed by the University of Michigan. They are now owned by the Weather Channel.

https://www.wunderground.com/

Do not forget the official US National Weather Service forecasts at www.weather.gov. Actually, most of the rest of the forecasts feed off of them. They are more cautious than most - e.g. they only give wind direction for a couple of days ahead - but their forecast discussions are very interesting. The site has tons of information available.

Accuweather is the best of all weather sites.

I was using it for our last month's visit to England and Ireland. They are everywhere.

Do not forget the official US National Weather Service forecasts at www.weather.gov. Actually, most of the rest of the forecasts feed off of them. They are more cautious than most - e.g. they only give wind direction for a couple of days ahead - but their forecast discussions are very interesting. The site has tons of information available.

I like the forecast discussion on the weather.gov site, gives you why the weather is changing or not.

Back
Top Bottom