went to New Orleans last weekend

simple girl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
My brother had a conference scheduled there, so we drove down to meet up with him and his wife. We had a great time! Saturday night they had an "adult" parade; the theme was "Stimulus Package" and the entire thing was a political satire on our current economic status. It was hilarious! I'm posting some of the pics, but I'm afraid a few from the parade would probably break some rules if posted. :cool: Here's a link that has a fun video of a good majority of the parade: Krewe du Vieux 2009: What did you think? - Mardi Gras New Orleans | Parade News, Party Pictures, Videos & more - NOLA.com

The food was awesome (unfortunately I did not get pics of the incredible bread pudding we had, but I did get some pics of beans/rice and fried oyster poboys). We saw a lot of crazy things and met a lot of crazy people and had a great time!

Attachments

• New Orleans Trip with Ric & Sue Feb 2009 007.jpg
    New Orleans Trip with Ric & Sue Feb 2009 007.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 7
  • New Orleans Trip with Ric & Sue Feb 2009 008.jpg
    New Orleans Trip with Ric & Sue Feb 2009 008.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 2
  • New Orleans Trip with Ric & Sue Feb 2009 059.jpg
    New Orleans Trip with Ric & Sue Feb 2009 059.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 5
  • New Orleans Trip with Ric & Sue Feb 2009 046.jpg
    New Orleans Trip with Ric & Sue Feb 2009 046.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 4
  • New Orleans Trip with Ric & Sue Feb 2009 061.jpg
    New Orleans Trip with Ric & Sue Feb 2009 061.jpg
    692.4 KB · Views: 3
Yum yum. I'm going down to visit one of my nephews in the Mobile, AL area next weekend. Mobile will be having their version of Mardi Gras going on. He just opened up his second bbq restaurant down that way so I want to check it out. He's got some blue's musician playing that weekend so should be fun.

If your ever down that way Simple Girl, stop by. Here's a cheap plug for them.;) Hope this is not considered spam. :blush:

Moe's Original Bar B Que Opens 7th Location in Alabama

Back
Top Bottom