What are your vacation plans for '07

We do a long trip about every 2 years....did southwest nat'l parks last fall....so this year is just a few shorter trips. We went to Daytona Beach for 2 weeks (last week of Feb, and first week of March). Going to Branson for a few days in May, and then again in November. Going to Disney World for a little over a week in December for their Christmas festivities.

I'd like to get down to Chattanooga for a few days sometime this year....if not, I'll get there next year.

We also have lots of single day trips planned. Went to the Chicagoland Flower & Garden Show yesterday...looked like Spring was here!!!

Next month we're going to the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago to see the "Body Worlds" exhibit ( http://www.msichicago.org/temp_exhibit/bodyworlds2/index.html )........it looked pretty interesting!

In June we're going to Chicago for a cruise on Lake Michigan...going again in September! It makes for a nice day. After the cruise we'll wander around Navy Pier for a while. (we make these trips a couple of times every year)

August takes us to Eli's Cheesecake Factory for a tour....you get to decorate your own cheesecake to take home....then a chocolate factory tour in the afternoon!!! To h*ll with any diets on that day!!! :D Also going over to the Quad-Cities for a riverboat trip on the Mississippi another day in August, and again in October for the Fall foliage colors.

We'll get a few more day trips in there I'm sure.....botanical gardens, arboretums, garden centers, a few concerts and dinner shows....hopefully the Chicago Symphony's Christmas concert again....it was very nice last year!

I might even stay home a few days!!! :LOL:

We are going to the Galapagos Islands and to La Selva lodge in the amazon jungle. Not our usual trip, and we are all excited.

my first vacation of 2007 just got even better. apparently we are also going to new port richey florida for the world renown chasco fiesta. we're staying with one of the organizers with a whole bunch of other raging heteros. yeah, i see a whole lot of drinking in my near future.

I plan to take my usual quick get aways to Destin, FL and to Gulf Shores, AL. Later in the year I plan to drive out west and explore some of the canyons in southern Utah. Visit a cousin in Santa Fe, NM along the way. So no around the world trips for me. But I will have a good time anyway. :)

Just got back from a break in Honolulu. Probably will go to Maui for a week in May, planning a quick trip to London for a wedding in July, and if we can get enough time off may head off to Australia for 10 days.

Thinking of taking a trip to England this year. Keep hearing in my mind that old Roger Miller (?) song with the lyrics - "England swings like a pendulum do, Bobbies riding bicycles 2 by 2, Westminster Abby, the Tower Big Ben, the rosy red cheeks of the little children".

I know someone started a good thread on England a little while back. I'll have to review all the posts there for some good ideas!

Wedding in Ireland in May, with a few days in Paris added on. Lakeside condo in western Canada in August.

Multiple business trips, but they don't count as vacations.

April - Myrtle Beach, SC: Daughter's Spring Break (with RV) 8)
May - Cape Hatteras, NC - Off-shore - Gulf stream fishing w/ High School buddies (with RV) :D
May - Buggs Island, VA - Memorial Weekend (RV) :p
June- Douthat State Park, VA. - (RV) :)
July - 30 day trip w/ RV - Kentucky Horse Park, Custer State Park, SD, Devils Tower, WY, Glacier Nat'l Park,
Henry's Lake, ID, Yellowstone, Cody, WY, St. Louis :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Fall - Football season - UVA - season tickets :D

December - So. Cal. (family) :-\

Just booked 3 days in San Diego for kids spring break - that's as much vacation as we've been getting lately - most of the time we just visit relatives on the other side of the state - but we need some sandy beach and zoo time! Got a great deal on pr*celine too!! woo hooo said hotel was 4 stars but i think it's between 3-4.

Will see the zoo, float in the pool and visit sis who lives there.

I had to take time off this month or else i'd hit the vacation day limit and lose earned days! isn't that pathetic? so i'm taking some random days off just for the heck of it between deadlines.

starting to plan a real vacation in the next year or so - maybe hawaii or puerto rico (more family there too)...

i want to take the family to europe in about 3-4 years when the baby is more mobile and disney world when they baby is at least 6 or 7...starting to save now for both! haha

Thinking about a cruise to bermuda.

Late May, Early June - Grand Tetons and Yellowstone
Late July -- Seattle, San Juan Islands, Olympic, Vancouver
Late October - Spain

For those folks that want to go on a cruise, make sure you check out these web sites for some great deals.

vacationstogo crucon cruisedeals

We recently came back from an 8 day cruise out of NY to the Carribbean for $400.00 each.

My daughter and I will take an Alaskan cruise in May/June. We will spend 3 days, pre and post cruise in Vancouver.

Cruise to Mexican Riviera (LA to Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, and Puerto Vallarta) in Sept., otherwise just visiting siblings (Maine & Ohio), plus hanging out at the pool. I got a gift certificate for a local bus tour company as one of my retirement gifts from the folks at work, so I may take a day trip to Baltimore's Inner Harbor and aquarium. Also considering an overnight trip to D.C. to see the sights and Arlington (my husband is buried there).

We've been kicking around the idea of a cruise to Scandinavia and Russia. In 2006 we cruised to Italy and Greece and loved it. However, DW's car, a 1995 Camry with 130K on it, is showing signs that it should be replaced soon. We always pay cash for our cars so if we buy a car this year the travel will have to be more modest - maybe a driving vacation through the western US. I would like to visit places like Mt. Rushmore, Meteor Crater, Yellowstone, etc.

Grumpy

We don't have any definite plans for this year. Maybe we will visit potential retirement locations. We went to our first choice for a potential retirement location in Missouri last year, and had a wonderful time. We might decide to go back this year.

Over Mardi Gras we spent a couple of days in Mobile, Alabama, where we have no intention of retiring. We toured the U.S.S. Alabama, as well as the submarine beside it and all of the vintage aircraft parked around it. That was fascinating! Then, we walked several miles around Bellingrath Gardens. We enjoyed that. It was very peaceful, and there were hardly any other people in the gardens and conservatory in February.

Our favorite type of vacation is more spontaneous than totally planned. We always take a road atlas with us. :D

DW and DD are going for two weeks in July to India on a Girl Scout trip. So I just booked an 8-day trip to Baja California to do some fishing with my son. Gonna spend some time in the Sierras in June and early July also.

May: London for one week - some friends moved there last year and want to show off their new home town
September: Kenya, Tanzania for two week safari

A few day trips to the Sierra's thrown in if time (w*rk) allows

Starting in June, Florida to Michigan via the Mississippi using the RV. August return trip via the Great Smokey Mountains.

Just got back from a 4-day trip to Whistler.

2 week trip to Italy in June/July.

Possible trip to China for my friend's wedding in October.

We toured the U.S.S. Alabama, as well as the submarine beside it and all of the vintage aircraft parked around it.

Went there several times with the Boy Scouts. We slept on the boat and played capture the flag at night on the boat.

What's vacation?

j/k :)

Not sure yet.... but with the little one it won't be until later in the year.

Back
Top Bottom