Effective Federal Tax Rates Resource

Turtle

Dryer sheet wannabe
I am looking for an excel worksheet or other resources/website that gives a snapshot of federal effective tax rates for various income levels. I would also love it to include examples of income adjustments for different tax deferred opportunities etc like 403b IRA, Interest vs Earned Income, Social Security Maximums..Mortgage deductions etc...

I am looking for an excel worksheet or other resources/website that gives a snapshot of federal effective tax rates for various income levels. I would also love it to include examples of income adjustments for different tax deferred opportunities etc like 403b IRA, Interest vs Earned Income, Social Security Maximums..Mortgage deductions etc...

The CBO has a number of pages, some in Excel, with the handy title "effective federal tax rates". Historical Effective Federal Tax Rates for All Households

They are aimed at public policy discussions - "Which groups pay the taxes?" rather than individual tax planning.

As always, assumptions matter. Note that they assign 100% of the corporate income tax to people who own financial assets. I'm very skeptical of that assumption.

The IRS does some reports on which taxpayers use which deductions.

Back
Top Bottom