MOre Tax Debate - Next up fed gas tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinaco

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Norquist didn't say if he'll use his considerable influence among Republicans to attempt to kill the gas tax next month, but did say "we should move now, or soon, to allow all states to raise and keep their own gas taxes to build and fix roads."
Gas tax may be next Tea Party target - Aug. 4, 2011

This will be interesting. Especially since it relates (if I understand it correctly) to the Interstate System.

Gotta wonder how many states will actually keep es up those existing roads and bridges? Some states have multiple Interstate highways crisscrossing their states.

Will they act in the best interest of everyone or... will they -- to use an example: To heck with I-10 all we care about is I-85... why should we fix it for Arizona and California.

If (rep + dem) x 1 (fed) + 1 president cannot cooperate... I don't know how well (rep + dem) x 50 + 50 govs will cooperate.

I suppose it is possible that it would work. But I have seen many cases where neighboring states shaft each other over expenditures... wonder what will happen when an interstate just passes though podunk in state 1 (who doesn't really benefit) but states 5, 6, 7, 8 see it as a necessity for their economy... or there is a massive bridge to be rebuilt.

I suppose we can expect many more toll roads.

Some of the great things about retiring...walking, riding a bike, public transportation and not thinking about stuff like this. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom