Firefox Focus

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
A recent Fresh Air podcast was about privacy and tracking on the Internet. The guest was from the Washington Post and covered not only browsers but also some ad blockers with questionable practices and even smart speakers.

Later in the podcast, Firefox (Mozilla) was mentioned and their efforts to provide solutions. Sounded good to me and, being a former Firefox user under Windows and Linux, I decided to check out Firefox from Apple’s App Store.

While there I noticed another app called Firefox Focus that integrates with Safari or can act as a standalone browser with an emphasis on privacy and blocking. I’m giving it a try (through Safari).

Here’s a link to the podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/fresh-air/id214089682?i=1000445811149

Last edited:
I've been using Firefox, alongside other browsers. I'm using Chrome, Brave, Firefox and Opera. I usually have these all open, and apply tasks to each one to keep work and play separate.

Brave is realtively new, and I'm using it for this forum and others. Out of the box it blocks ads, and certain screen elements you designate. It is built on Chromium.

A recent update to Firefox did improve performance there.

I read earlier today of a site that will open 100 random tabs in Firefox, to pollute the tracking databases that have your identity. Jeez, that;s extreme.

Haven't had a chance to listen to the podcast.

But read not long ago that Mozilla is thinking of having a paid version along with the free version of Firefox. The paid version having a built-in VPN.

Back
Top Bottom