Travels with Dory

Lurker

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello,
I was just wondering if you have given up posting on Travels with Dory. I haven't seen any updates for quite some time.
BobEjoe

Nope -- we just weren't traveling for the past couple of months. We stopped in Vero Beach and hung around for a while. Now we're on the move again, and I'll resume the updates.

Dory36, on the move again

Thanks for the quick reply. At one time I was thinking of doing just what your doing but after doing some boating on a much smaller scale I decided it wouldn’t be for me and my wife. I still think about it sometimes and really enjoy hearing about your travels. May the waters be calm for you.

BobEjoe

We just discovered this lifestyle a few years before retiring.

To tie this thread into the board's topic -- it costs somewhere around $1000 a month to live this lifestyle, not including health insurance.

Part of our strategy in retiring early was that if we did this for 5 years, we'd postpone dipping seriously into our retirement funds -- and we'd have a blast!

Not for everyone, as living in under 200 square feet can be claustrophobic -- but we have a beautiful huge back yard, and it changes whenever we get tired of it! (And no mowing!)

Dory36

Our master plan (my wife and I call it the
"Margaritaville " plan) is to emulate Capt. Bill and Admiral Sue with a few modifications. We have pretty
much settled on buying a very small place in rural Florida
along with a fairly large power boat (I know this is most non-Terhorstian). Then we would cruise the Intracoastal, but
have a land based home nearby. I have crunched the numbers and this is quite doable. However, as usual the devil is in the details and getting it done has proven to be agonizingly slow. On the other hand, we have a pretty
good life here in Illinois. If I must live in the state, I
can't think of another location that I would prefer.

Back
Top Bottom