Some Interesting Stuff Here...

Maybe. Some of it looks good but I've only had a quick look and the first item already has a mistake.

Check your owner's manual and find out what your tire pressure should be. Usually it is also printed on the side of each tire. Check each tire every time you fill-up your car. Tires under-inflated cause a drag on your engine and can decrease gas mileage by as much as 10%. Over-inflated tires wear out faster.

The pressure printed on the side of the tire is the maximum pressure that you should fill the tire to. It is not the recommended pressure. The recommended pressure varies by vehicle. If you fill to the maximum pressure you will over-inflate your tires and wear them out faster. Get the recommended tire pressure from the manual or from the sticker on the car itself (often the gas cap or the door jamb).

To reduce my risk I like to diversify. My left front tire has achieved some equilibrium on its own, my right front is inflated to the inflation max as given on the tire, my right rear is inflated to the owner's manual....

Getcher nitrogen tire fills at CostCo!

Our local CostCo is advertising nitrogen tire fills for its cooler running, gas savings, longer tire life, greater sexual potency, etc.

I guess using ambient 79% nitrogen just isn't good enough...

I'm going to market emergency nitrogen tire-filling kits for CostCo customers who get highway flats. I'm also making a limited number of company shares available to alert investors who send money now. And, in deference to UncleMick, we'll have a DRIP!

I propose we combine Nords and Bigmoneyjims approaches. We should do a double blind study where we fill one or more tires with nitrogen, one or more with regular air, and use random inflation levels between 0 and 200%. A sample size of 50-60 million. Check back in about 5 years for the results.

Excuse me, I have to go short some insurance companies. ;)

Back
Top Bottom