canal boat rental link

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Someone posted a link for canal boat rentals in europe.
I can not find it again.
Any help?

Thanks - I want to do take a trip like this one day.

Don't forget England/UK: http://www.holidayuk.co.uk/canals/book.htm
I rented a canal boat there twice once as a student and once when I worked in London for the US Navy. Those were such memorable experiences that part of my retirement plan is to live for an extended period on a canal boat. Its magic coming into an old town and seeing the churches and mills and feeling like ancient times. You can tie up at the "rear" of a number of pubs for lunch or a snack. Great way to meet people. Try to skip the high season as the locks will back up but if you're not in a hurry, who cares? There is a remarkable network of canals in the UK so you can tour around and stop in areas that interest you including the London area.

Anyone have any trip reports or references to a comprehensive book that's good for planning a barge trip? I've rented (skippered) house boats here in the US, and thought it might be fun to do a river trip in europe. But being the kinda guy I am, I'd like to know the ropes (hehe) concerning what its like (what the differences are) in the UK versus France, Germany, Belgium, etc.

Back
Top Bottom