Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Create a team

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Make residual income

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Social Security

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
The best way is the one that works for you.

Some people did it by investing in real estate; some people did it by working for a company; some people did it by working for themselves.

The key point, and really the only thing I think all of us here would agree on, is to LIVE BELOW YOUR MEANS, however you earn those means.

peggy said:
The best way is the one that works for you.

Some people did it by investing in real estate; some people did it by working for a company; some people did it by working for themselves.

The key point, and really the only thing I think all of us here would agree on, is to LIVE BELOW YOUR MEANS, however you earn those means.

That is what is so interesting about this site. A bunch of people HAVE SUCCESSFULLY retired or have very good plans in place and they vary a lot. Some did real estate, some tech investments, some govt employment, some were self employed. This is a place where people can really come for advice and ideas. This place is so real it is teflon to financial spam. So its entertaining to see the "get rich quick with no effort" posts.

Idevision

Forgive me, but I'm not about to participate in any polls from someone who shows up Spamming in their first posts.

KB said:
Idevision
Forgive me, but I'm not about to participate in any polls from someone who shows up Spamming in their first posts.

I second that without asking for forgiveness. :bat:

idvision - Go away and learn something. No one on this board is as naive as you.

Today is Wednesday - one of my mornings with the old pharts at the dougnut shop.

The resident MLM - now in his 80's(WWII vet) - works a few days a week - nice upscale house - once a world class Rose breeder - 40 something reservist son in Iraq - another knot head ex Marine - does the internet some, face to face on the road some - Mercades and Lexus, yada, yada.

Has money in the bank, excellent health insurance.

Now with several health problems. The point - he will work cashing those big checks till he drops - and then his wife will continue working 'the business' till she drops - with a nice house, car, toys etc., etc.

Nice guy - but not for me.

LBYM, DCA, - stick with De Gaul and the Norwegian widow.

Hey Unclemick2

What do you mean by De Gaul?

I agree with LBYM and DCA. It has worked for me.

De Gaul: " God looks after Drunkards, Fools and The United States of America." Personally I don't think he meant it as a compliment.

The modern Boglehead version - buy the Total Stock Market Index at the lowest possible expense. His cost matters hypothesis - you get what you don't pay for.

unclemick2 said:
Today is Wednesday - one of my mornings with the old pharts at the dougnut shop.

The resident MLM - now in his 80's(WWII vet) - works a few days a week - nice upscale house - once a world class Rose breeder - 40 something reservist son in Iraq - another knot head ex Marine - does the internet some, face to face on the road some - Mercades and Lexus, yada, yada.

Has money in the bank, excellent health insurance.

Now with several health problems. The point - he will work cashing those big checks till he drops - and then his wife will continue working 'the business' till she drops - with a nice house, car, toys etc., etc.

Nice guy - but not for me.

LBYM, DCA, - stick with De Gaul and the Norwegian widow.

Uncle, out of curiosity, what does the MLMer sell?

To be honest - I don't know.

I'll have to ask him again. Basically he sells product lines to mostly small businesses(not individuals) and collects money whenever they order direct from the 'factory'.

:confused:Gift's, notions, personal items:confused: - at one time - maybe 15 yrs ago - books were included - as he was oftering us(da boys) free samples - mysteries, romance, popular history.

Early in my aerospace days - one of my minor tasks was to listen to mfg rep.'s and their product lines - adhesives, paints, related equipment, etc. - those two martini lunches made for some fuzzy afternoons on occasion.

Heh, heh, heh.

Back
Top Bottom